Autodisconnect - Urgent

Post by Phil meredit » Sat, 01 Mar 2003 11:58:00

I need help configuring the autodisconnec on Server
2000.  I used net config /autodisconnect:-1 and it took
it OK.  But after 15 mins I tried to get in using WinVNC
remotely and - there was the login screen screen again -
on the server's display - I thought "-1" means no
autodisconnect.  Also is there a way of replacing the
need for  ctl alt del keys and just giving me a logon
after a timeout?

Tx this is urgent

Autodisconnect - Urgent

Post by Peter » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 20:56:17

I'm emailing you as well as you said it was urgent. Comments in-line.

Peter

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:58:00 -0800, "Phil meredith"

>I need help configuring the autodisconnec on Server
>2000.  I used net config /autodisconnect:-1 and it took
>it OK.  But after 15 mins I tried to get in using WinVNC
>remotely and - there was the login screen screen again -
>on the server's display - I thought "-1" means no

I don't know if the command text in your post was a typo, but the
correct syntax is net config server /autodisconnect::-1 (note the
sem-colon). You could check the current status with net config server.

I take it this is over the LAN , not RRAS. If so, read Q138365
How Autodisconnect Works in Windows NT and Windows 2000

If RRAS then have a look at Q153944
RAS Server Fails to Autodisconnect Inactive RAS Clients With TCP

Quote:>autodisconnect.  Also is there a way of replacing the
>need for  ctl alt del keys and just giving me a logon
>after a timeout?

The only way I know is with the Logon Screen Saver.
Quote: