Win2K Pro With WinME

Post by Vikra » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 02:31:05

I am trying to network two computers at home.
I have added the same brand of network cards to
both machines.One has Win2000 Professional installed
and the other has Windows Me installed.

I have also connected the two using 'cross-over' cables.
Now I have set the IP Address for Win2K machine
to be 192.168.100.2 and that for WinME machine to
be 192.168.100.1

The problem is , that once I have booted both machines
Win2K detects that there is a 100Mbps net and shows the
status but the WinME machine hangs as soon as this happens !

What could be wrong ?

- Vikram

1. win2k pro and winMe dual boot??? help???

I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k pro.
i have 1 hardrive with 3 partitions and i was going to install win2k on a
separate partition from winME but i click the setup icon to install win 2k
and it says i'm unable to install win 2k with this version of windows......
any solutions, please??????

2. changing displayed text on *.asp page

3. File and Printer sharing between WIN2K PRO & WINME

4. /var/adm/sw/ What is Deletable?

5. win2k pro & winMe dual boot???? help??

6. VM read mail command?

7. win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

8. CDRW Boots Win98?

9. Direct Cable Connection Win2k Pro -> WinMe

10. can i dual boot win2k pro and winme?

11. Could not install Win2K Pro on WinMe

12. Win2K Pro & WinME networking problem

13. Installing Win2K Pro and WinME