"There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

"There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

Post by Laurent Butr » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:42:31

Dear Gurus,

Since I added my computer to AD, I cannot map any home
network drives or printers. I get the following error
message instead of the prompt window asking different
credentials.

"There are currently no logon servers available to service
the logon request."

This happen when I use my cached AD account to logon.
If I use a win2k local account, I am then prompted for the
alternate login (username/password).

The only workaround I found is to map the drives through
a "net use" command, this seems to by pass the windows
settings.

Does someone knows which registry key is link to this
problem? Is there a way to solve that very annoying
problem.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards

Laurent

"There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

Post by Jerold Schulma » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 20:41:31

Quote:>Dear Gurus,

>Since I added my computer to AD, I cannot map any home
>network drives or printers. I get the following error
>message instead of the prompt window asking different
>credentials.

>"There are currently no logon servers available to service
>the logon request."

>This happen when I use my cached AD account to logon.
>If I use a win2k local account, I am then prompted for the
>alternate login (username/password).

>The only workaround I found is to map the drives through
>a "net use" command, this seems to by pass the windows
>settings.

>Does someone knows which registry key is link to this
>problem? Is there a way to solve that very annoying
>problem.

See tip 2240 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com or type 'jsi <tip
number>' into the Address bar after implementing tip 6000.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP / Configuration Management
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com