add registry file to workstations when logging to domain

add registry file to workstations when logging to domain

Post by Mark Gilber » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:38:19

I am using the ratings in Internet explorer to allow
users to access only specific websites.  I have found
that if I copy the subtree to a file Ex. ratings.reg, I
can import this information onto each machine to make
them identacle.  The problem is I want to save one file
on the server and have it update the registry on each
system when they logon to the domain.  This would allow
me to add websites to one reg file.  How could I automate
this process.  Logon script?  Group Policy?  I want it to
happen without prompting the user.

add registry file to workstations when logging to domain

Post by Romi Pate » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:39:24

You could use a login script which calls regedit. and with the /s switch it
will not prompt the user for the merge.
Something like regedit /s \\server\share\ratings.reg
RP

Quote:> I am using the ratings in Internet explorer to allow
> users to access only specific websites.  I have found
> that if I copy the subtree to a file Ex. ratings.reg, I
> can import this information onto each machine to make
> them identacle.  The problem is I want to save one file
> on the server and have it update the registry on each
> system when they logon to the domain.  This would allow
> me to add websites to one reg file.  How could I automate
> this process.  Logon script?  Group Policy?  I want it to
> happen without prompting the user.

add registry file to workstations when logging to domain

Post by Arnaldo Net » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:22:42

How can i do this for group policy?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>You could use a login script which calls regedit. and

with the /s switch it
>will not prompt the user for the merge.
>Something like regedit /s \\server\share\ratings.reg
>RP

>> I am using the ratings in Internet explorer to allow
>> users to access only specific websites.  I have found
>> that if I copy the subtree to a file Ex. ratings.reg, I
>> can import this information onto each machine to make
>> them identacle.  The problem is I want to save one file
>> on the server and have it update the registry on each
>> system when they logon to the domain.  This would allow
>> me to add websites to one reg file.  How could I
automate
>> this process.  Logon script?  Group Policy?  I want it
>> happen without prompting the user.

>.

add registry file to workstations when logging to domain

Post by Romi Pate » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:32:52

If you are using group policy you could configure a script policy which
executes a batch file.

> How can i do this for group policy?

Post by Arnald » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:43:38

But, The GPO not work in workstation of domain. Only work
local in the server
How do I work with GPO in the workstation of domain?

message

ratings.reg, I
file
allow
>> automate
it

>> >.

>.

1. Networking-registry settings for cancel button when logging on to workstation

My question is regarding Windows98 and policies.  I am trying to setup 98
with policies but if you cancel out of the login box you can gain access to
the system.  What I would like to do is find the registry setting that when
canceling out of the network logon would give the user either the logon box
again or put them into the default logon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

2. Sharing problem

3. Re-Adding workstation to domain

4. WTB IBM PC 110

5. remove authenticated users from right to add workstations to domain

6. Linux - Win over serial line

7. Add unlimited workstations to domain

8. Does Don Quixote read this newsgroup?

9. adding workstations to new domain

10. adding workstations to 2000 domain

11. Adding workstations to a new 2000 server domain

12. Problem adding workstations to new 2K AD domain

13. Add workstations to domain without account operator permissions