Help! I have a window "Stuck"!

Post by rddataconsultin » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:42:03

When I open the XP Package and Deployment Wizard on my windows 2000 machine,
it opens in a non-resizable window 1" x 3.5".  The wizard seems to be
working, but since I can't see any controls in the window I can't see what
I'm doing so the wizard is useless.  There are no scroll bars and I've
Re-installed/Repaired the application and downloaded and run all the updates
for it.  I have a time critical project and need to be able to package this
application for my clients.    I have used the Developer 2000 version of the
PDW in the past and that did what I needed.  Now I have only the XP version
for my current projects.I could use something like "Installer2Go", but am
concerned that necessary supporting dlls may not be correctly handled.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Bob

Help! I have a window "Stuck"!

Post by Dave Patric » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:15:39

Nothing to do with the operating system. Better to ask in one of the office
groups.

--
Regards,

Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]

> When I open the XP Package and Deployment Wizard on my windows 2000
machine,
> it opens in a non-resizable window 1" x 3.5".  The wizard seems to be
> working, but since I can't see any controls in the window I can't see what
> I'm doing so the wizard is useless.  There are no scroll bars and I've
> Re-installed/Repaired the application and downloaded and run all the
updates
> for it.  I have a time critical project and need to be able to package
this
> application for my clients.    I have used the Developer 2000 version of
the
> PDW in the past and that did what I needed.  Now I have only the XP
version
> for my current projects.I could use something like "Installer2Go", but am
> concerned that necessary supporting dlls may not be correctly handled.
> Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

> Bob

Help! I have a window "Stuck"!

Post by Vance Gree » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:26:33

If you're using "Large Fonts" (120 dpi) try switching to regular
"Small" (96 dpi).

Long shot, but I've seen other UI misbehavior due to this.