Dual Xeon Motherboard

Post by Surreal Burge » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good dual Xeon (slot 2) motherboard that works well
in Windows 2000 (i.e. supports ACPI etc)?

Thanks!

SB

Dual Xeon Motherboard

Post by Thomas Doyl » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have a SuperMicro dual Xeon and it works fine with W2K and ACPI.

Quote:> Hi,

> Can anyone recommend a good dual Xeon (slot 2) motherboard that works well
> in Windows 2000 (i.e. supports ACPI etc)?

> Thanks!

> SB

Dual Xeon Motherboard

Post by Arup » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:50:17

I am using ASUS XGDLS with ACPI.

> I have a SuperMicro dual Xeon and it works fine with W2K and ACPI.

> > Hi,

> > Can anyone recommend a good dual Xeon (slot 2) motherboard that works
well
> > in Windows 2000 (i.e. supports ACPI etc)?

> > Thanks!

> > SB

Dual Xeon Motherboard

Post by Bob You » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

SuperMicro Dual Xeon here, Win2K choose ACPI automatically during
install.

>> > Hi,

>> > Can anyone recommend a good dual Xeon (slot 2) motherboard that works
>well
>> > in Windows 2000 (i.e. supports ACPI etc)?

>> > Thanks!

>> > SB

SuperMicro Dual Xeon works great here, Win2K choose ACPI automatically
during install.

Same holds true for my Dual PIII at home.

HTH
Bob Young
NT Video Drivers
Diamond\S3\VIA\...?

1. Dual Xeon Processors

Hello,

I have a system with two 2.4Ghz Xeon processors in it.  The hardware reports
2 processors and setup only shows 2 processors.  However, Windows 2000
reports 4 processors.  If I use performance counters to track the
performance of the processors I see 4 disctinct utilization graphs.

I read a message back in September regarding 2 Xeon processors in a Windows
2000 server system.  If I remember correctly it stated that this was the
result of the Xeon's Hyperthreading capability.  In essence Windows 2000 is
being faked into believing that each processor is actually 2 processors.

Now the questions:
1. Is this true?
2. How does this work if Windows 2000 doesn't provide hyperthreading
support?
3. What effect does this have on quad-processor Xeon systems?  Do they need
Advanced Server in order to utilize their processors?

--
TIA,
Bandy

2. Custom Hatches and Leaders?

3. How get support Dual Xeon with Hyperthreading in W2k Pro

4. Domain Aliasing with Sendmail+IDA

5. Dual Pentium 900 or Quad Xeon 500 ?

6. FS: Amiga 3000T

7. Performance report 4 CPU for Dual Xeon Processor on Win2k

8. regexp revisions

9. Horrid dual Xeon performance / is this typical ??

10. Command Prompt (DOS) Slow with Fast Dual Xeon Processor on Windows 2000

11. W2000 Dual Xeon DOS problem

12. win2k pro and dual xeon machines

13. Best Dual Pentium III Motherboard for Win2k Server????