Event ID 20106

Post by Charlie Brow » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

hi, i really need ur help. My server is multihomed & running Win2k server.
One nic is bind with public address while the other one with private
address. Somehow I have this error message in my Event viewer:

Event ID 20106:

Unable to add the interface Internal with the Router Manager for the IP
protocol. The following error occured: The parameter is incorrect.

Please help!

Event ID 20106

Post by Nick » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Charlie Brown,
    This probably doesn't help you much, but I get the same "EventID" when I
run RRAS.  So far it seems that
the "EventID" can be ignored.  I would like to know how to fix the problem.
I have the same setup
as your machine, multihomed and running Win2k Adv Server.  To my knowledge
you don't even need to
have the "Internal Adapter" installed.  Oh well, maybe someone will clarify
this for us.

Quote:> hi, i really need ur help. My server is multihomed & running Win2k server.
> One nic is bind with public address while the other one with private
> address. Somehow I have this error message in my Event viewer:

> Event ID 20106:

> Unable to add the interface Internal with the Router Manager for the IP
> protocol. The following error occured: The parameter is incorrect.

> Please help!

Event ID 20106

Post by Geoff Wi » Mon, 21 Aug 2000 04:00:00

:hi, i really need ur help. My server is multihomed & running Win2k server.
:One nic is bind with public address while the other one with private
:address. Somehow I have this error message in my Event viewer:
:Event ID 20106:
:Unable to add the interface Internal with the Router Manager for the IP
:protocol. The following error occured: The parameter is incorrect.

Internal is used as the RAS dial-in.  I used to get this some months
back and can't remember what I did (I've since removed and reinstalled RRAS).
Things to check:
* make sure you have a dial-in port (1) - or if you're not going to have
   one then remove RAS from your RRAS properties (2)
* make sure you have protocols enabled for the port.

(1) Run rrasmgmt.msc, expand your server, right click on "Ports" (choose
    Properties) and make sure at least one has ``used by'' ``RAS'' or
    ``RAS/Routing''
(2) Run rrasmgmt.msc, right click on the server (choose Properties) and
    deselect ``remote access server''

Regards,
--

Event ID 20106

Post by Rob » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I cant goto the properties of the RRAS server.  I just get the red X and if
I try to goto properties after that it tells me I dont have the permisions
to view the object.

Any ideas?

> :hi, i really need ur help. My server is multihomed & running Win2k
server.
> :One nic is bind with public address while the other one with private
> :address. Somehow I have this error message in my Event viewer:
> :Event ID 20106:
> :Unable to add the interface Internal with the Router Manager for the IP
> :protocol. The following error occured: The parameter is incorrect.

> Internal is used as the RAS dial-in.  I used to get this some months
> back and can't remember what I did (I've since removed and reinstalled
RRAS).
> Things to check:
> * make sure you have a dial-in port (1) - or if you're not going to have
>    one then remove RAS from your RRAS properties (2)
> * make sure you have protocols enabled for the port.

> (1) Run rrasmgmt.msc, expand your server, right click on "Ports" (choose
>     Properties) and make sure at least one has ``used by'' ``RAS'' or
>     ``RAS/Routing''
> (2) Run rrasmgmt.msc, right click on the server (choose Properties) and
>     deselect ``remote access server''

> Regards,
> --

Event ID 20106

Post by Geoff Wi » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

:I cant goto the properties of the RRAS server.  I just get the red X and if
:I try to goto properties after that it tells me I dont have the permisions
:to view the object.

Questions:
1) are you part of a domain?
  * is the machine a member of "RAS and IAS servers" for the domain?
  * are you logged on as a local admin or a domain admin?
  * in "Active Directory Users & Computers", view "Advanced ....", look in
    the "System" object for "RAS and IAS Servers Access Check", right-click
    for Properties, go to Security, check that "RAS and IAS servers" are
    in there and should have (from memory) all access except Full-Control.
    The default setting has a bit more but that should be sufficient.
2) in rrasmgmt, when you right click on the server, go to "All tasks", what's
   available?  "Stop/Pause/Restart"  "Start"  "Resume"?

Regards,
--

Event ID 20106

Post by Nick » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> (1) Run rrasmgmt.msc, expand your server, right click on "Ports" (choose
>     Properties) and make sure at least one has ``used by'' ``RAS'' or
>     ``RAS/Routing''
> (2) Run rrasmgmt.msc, right click on the server (choose Properties) and
>     deselect ``remote access server''

> Regards,
> --

I am not using RAS at all so I need not to worry about the Ports... However
I did try the second suggestion and it did not fix the problem.  I guess I
can live with it this way.

Thanks everyone,
- Nick

Event ID 20106

Post by Bill » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 17:06:52

I am using a 'Windows 2000 Server' for routing and it is also set up with
RRAS to allow online updating from the Microsoft site.  One of the NIC
cards must first be disabled to allow communication through the Browser.

At first, the Error Event ID: 20106 was appearing in the Event Log.
As the Knowledge Base contains no reference to Event ID: 20106, I ran
rrasmgmt.msc in the MMC Console and looked at the 'General' tab under
' Properties' for the local Server (router).  I set the 'Router' check box
on and
also set 'Local area network (LAN) routing only as the selected option.  I
also
set the 'Remote access server' check box on.  These settings seemed to be
the
logical options to select.

The Event ID: 20106 was now gone, but Warning Event ID: 20192 appears
in the Event Viewer.  This is not a problem as the Knowledge Base contains
the 20192 and describes the method to eliminate the Warning if you cannot
stand seeing the Message.

Quote:> hi, i really need ur help. My server is multihomed & running Win2k server.
> One nic is bind with public address while the other one with private
> address. Somehow I have this error message in my Event viewer:

> Event ID 20106:

> Unable to add the interface Internal with the Router Manager for the IP
> protocol. The following error occured: The parameter is incorrect.

> Please help!

Event ID 20106

Post by Pe » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> > Unable to add the interface Internal with the Router Manager for the IP
> > protocol. The following error occured: The parameter is incorrect.

> > Please help!

my englisch isn't the best but i wil give it a try :)

make sure that the router is a remote acces server

go to a command promt

type netsh and enter, you are now in the netshell

type routing  enter
type ip          enter
type nat        enter

type show interface

type add interface "internal"
type set interface "internal" mode=private

reboot

after the reboot the internal adapter wil be standing by the NAT properties
as a private adaptor

exclude a private range from your locale netwerk  192.168.0.50 t/m
192.168.0.60 or someting like that.

Event ID 20106

Post by Pe » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

you need service pak voor this otherwise it wont work :(

Quote:

> > > Unable to add the interface Internal with the Router Manager for the
IP
> > > protocol. The following error occured: The parameter is incorrect.

> > > Please help!

> my englisch isn't the best but i wil give it a try :)

> make sure that the router is a remote acces server

> go to a command promt

> type netsh and enter, you are now in the netshell

> type routing  enter
> type ip          enter
> type nat        enter

> type show interface

> type add interface "internal"
> type set interface "internal" mode=private

> reboot

> after the reboot the internal adapter wil be standing by the NAT
properties
> as a private adaptor

> exclude a private range from your locale netwerk  192.168.0.50 t/m
> 192.168.0.60 or someting like that.

1. Event ID: 20106

Hello,
For some reason my router does not seem to function properly.
In the eventlog there is the following entry:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: RemoteAccess
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 20106
    Date:  22-2-2001
    Time:  15:30:16
    User:  N/A
    Computer: ITHO-R01
    Unable to add the interface Internal with the Router Manager for the IP
protocol.
    The following error occurred: The parameter is incorrect.

    Data:
    0000: 57 00 00 00               W...

Searching both on the Technet CD's and on the Microsoft site, I cannot find
an answer.
Anybody a suggestion ?

Thanks,
Fred

2. Persistent Object Testing

3. RemoteAccess error w/ interface Internal / Event ID 20106

4. Epson printer FX 1070/1170

5. Event ID 20106

6. Versioneer 1.0 released

7. Event ID: 20106