WINS on the same server as DC and DDNS

Post by Oskarsson Mikae » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 04:56:52

Hello

I work with a little network that have 3000 PC:s (now Windows NT4 pro and
later they will have Windows XP Pro).
We are planning to have 3 DC:s with DDNS in secure mode.
We think it it overkill to have 2 other servers that will take care of WINS
so we are thinking to place the WINS-service on all 3 DC also.

Is it good or bad to do so??

Regards Mikael

WINS on the same server as DC and DDNS

Post by bob » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 06:24:03

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:56:52 +0100, "Oskarsson Mikael"

>Hello

>I work with a little network that have 3000 PC:s (now Windows NT4 pro and
>later they will have Windows XP Pro).
>We are planning to have 3 DC:s with DDNS in secure mode.
>We think it it overkill to have 2 other servers that will take care of WINS
>so we are thinking to place the WINS-service on all 3 DC also.

>Is it good or bad to do so??

Should be alright, as long as you planned for failsafe backups.

-bobb