Local connection diabled by ISDN

Post by Dirk Neethlin » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

After installing an ISDN modem, my Win2k Professional does not see the
LAN anymore.   I run only TCP/IP in a peer to peer NW with six Win95's.

Is there something like "default protocol" that need to be set?

Thanks

Dirk

Local connection diabled by ISDN

Post by Kent W. Englan » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Post from and followup to microsoft.public.win2000.networking

Quote:> After installing an ISDN modem, my Win2k Professional does not see the
> LAN anymore.   I run only TCP/IP in a peer to peer NW with six Win95's.

> Is there something like "default protocol" that need to be set?

The normal configuration is to use the ISDN as the default-interface
when it is active. However, this should not steal the local network
route, so your situation is not normal for Win2K.

Connect your ISDN, open a command prompt, and run "route print". See
if there is a route listed for the local network pointing to the
local interface address. If not, then a persistent route can be added
using the persistent option of the route command. Run "route" for
help.

--
Kent W. England
--

Local connection diabled by ISDN

Post by Ben Geerde » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 04:26:43

I have about the same problem (zycom isdn modem). I dont see the LAN and the
LAN does not see me.

more:

The system has a network card (3com) which looks OK everywhere (devices,
adapters) etc. We can switch it from 10 to 100 etc in
in the properties. There are no related events with it. If we disconnect it
from the network the icon appears 'with cable unplugged'. So it looks like
it is working fine and what is more we tried another card and had the same
problem.

The problems is that we cannot reach this server from other computers, and
the server cannot reach any other either. When I ping from the server the
light on the card is not flickering. Nothing.

When I start network monitor on it and ping the server from another
computer,
the light on the card flickers but network monitor does not see any packets
arriving.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks

    Ben

Quote:> After installing an ISDN modem, my Win2k Professional does not see the
> LAN anymore.   I run only TCP/IP in a peer to peer NW with six Win95's.

> Is there something like "default protocol" that need to be set?

> Thanks

> Dirk

Local connection diabled by ISDN

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:22:45

    About the only thing that comes to mind is running ROUTE PRINT from a
command prompt, and checking your routing tables.  Perhaps the problem lies
there.

> I have about the same problem (zycom isdn modem). I dont see the LAN and
the
> LAN does not see me.

> more:

> The system has a network card (3com) which looks OK everywhere (devices,
> adapters) etc. We can switch it from 10 to 100 etc in
> in the properties. There are no related events with it. If we disconnect
it
> from the network the icon appears 'with cable unplugged'. So it looks like
> it is working fine and what is more we tried another card and had the same
> problem.

> The problems is that we cannot reach this server from other computers, and
> the server cannot reach any other either. When I ping from the server the
> light on the card is not flickering. Nothing.

> When I start network monitor on it and ping the server from another
> computer,
> the light on the card flickers but network monitor does not see any
packets
> arriving.

> Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

> Thanks

>     Ben

> > After installing an ISDN modem, my Win2k Professional does not see the
> > LAN anymore.   I run only TCP/IP in a peer to peer NW with six Win95's.

> > Is there something like "default protocol" that need to be set?

> > Thanks

> > Dirk

1. Local Area Connection disappeared from Network and Dial-up Connections

Hi everyone,

A while ago I stumbled over a problem on a computer with Win2k WS SP2 at one
of my clients. The icon "Local Area Connection" was not displaying in
Network and Dial-up Connections. I had to add a WINS server to the settings,
so it was really necessary to get there.

I have tried numbers of ways to get that icon to display, completely in
vain. I even uninstalled the driver for the network card and tried to set it
up again. Still no icon. Finally I had to reinstall Win2k from scratch. So I
had to spend about half a day, installing everything again, doing something
that should have normally been taking a minute or so.

Anybody got any idea?

Greetings,

Peter

2. sendmail8.8.6: 418 error

3. ISDN drivers for PACE ISDN TA and E-Tech PCTA128

4. NorthC PD Compiler

5. Attaching SCSI magneto optical drive kills ISDN dialup connectivity - uninstalling the MO returns the ISDN

6. automatic e-mail launch

7. RRAS and multiple ISDN TAs (with Zyxel omni.net USB ISDN)

8. Scheduling an ISDN Connection

9. DNS causes ISDN router connection

10. DNS generates ISDN connections

11. Force ftp to dial ISDN Connection

12. How a user can fax on ISDN connection?