no color no volume

Post by Kerry M. Lile » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 23:14:11

Did you notice the name of this newsgroup? xxxxxx.win2000.xxxxx  - you might
have more luck posting in another
newsgroup; sorry I have no suggestion. Wouldnt use Windows ME on a bet.

i installed windowsME  and i cant get my color and volume there is no sound
and
color i tryed everything but nothing worked i hope u can answer my quastion
as
soon as you can  thank you bye bye

1. Help with 2000 Professional UPC's and Part Nos.

Hello,

I will be building my next computer shortly and attempted to access
Microsoft's site to research UPC & Mfg. Part No. data, as well as
product feature differences for Windows 200, the OS we will be
installing.  I don't know if it was because I use a Netscape browser
(that would be SO Microsoft to detect which browser I am using) but I
could not get more than a couple of the pages to load -- indeed the
browser crashed numerous times.

May I explain what I am looking for generally and, perhaps, someone
could provide a link to ONE Microsoft site that has product features
*AND PART NOS.* for this OS assembled on one page.  I'll make myself a
gin and tonic and launch IExplorer -- on my (Pentium 100) 56k
connection, a browser that moves at g.l.a.c.i.a.l speed, or I would
reattempt the Microsoft search on it myself.

What I'm looking for is not only the Microsoft Part No., but also the
*descriptive* designation for the following OS:
WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL
Full, Heavy, Retail Shrinkwrapped Box
Specifically I am looking for whichever UPC codes relate to the full
2000 versions that come WITH ALL THE MANUALS -- in other words, the
full monty.  Not an OEM.  Not an upgrade.  Not cheap "online
documentation."  The one with all the physical books; all the CD's;
and an install that will be laid on a brand new, freshly-formatted
80-gig hard drive that has never seen an OS in its life.  This will
not be a network computer, it will be a standalone.

Please be specific because numerous vendor sites that I have visited
are ambiguous in their product descriptions, and more than one has
listed the SAME Microsoft part number . . . in reference to different
products at different prices!

Better yet, I'd love to avoid the interfering Microsoft site
altogether and locate an ~.org site that has all this data without the
bottlenecks.

I apologize to the group for the length of my post, but I spent 12
hours on this yesterday and went to bed with a headache having
ascertained nothing that distinguishes Microsoft's product line.
Thank you for your help, and let's leave it on the Usenet for others
who may need this kind of Pre-Sale guidance.

Angel

2. myODBC on Linux newbie question

3. setting NOS time

4. Date Calculation Challenge

5. NT4 NOS using W2K DNS

6. LAVc mount/rebuild

7. Color Management: High Color/True Color?

8. comment on Supercomputing Sites List

9. Color Management and Color Profile

10. Color printer has to be set as the default printer in order to print in colors

11. Colors do not show up in PDF files, and options for color settings are not avail

12. 256 color apps under true color

13. Laptop display looks dim in High-Color (16-bit color) mode Windows 2000