"Add/Remove Programs" doesn't work

Post by Geoffrey Anderso » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:55:20

Hi,

I installed Win2000 Pro a few months back. Everything was fine, except just
recently the "add/remove programs" part of the control panel no longer
works.

It's a pain, because I want to remove some programs.

Ideas? Suggestions??

Thanks!

-Geoff.

"Add/Remove Programs" doesn't work

Post by John Lute » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:41:56

Your system sounds like it could be Fragmented really bad. If this window
worked for you in the past then try Defragging your system. Try Nortons
Speed Disk to defrag your unit. A copy can be downloaded from
http://www.geocities.com/pwaas264369geo841330/Index.htm

Quote:> Hi,

> I installed Win2000 Pro a few months back. Everything was fine, except
just
> recently the "add/remove programs" part of the control panel no longer
> works.

> It's a pain, because I want to remove some programs.

> Ideas? Suggestions??

> Thanks!

> -Geoff.

"Add/Remove Programs" doesn't work

Post by | Scott » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:07:56

Quote:> A copy can be downloaded from
> http://www.geocities.com/pwaas264369geo841330/Index.htm

Reeeeeeeeal nice.  Smart, too.

--
Scott

"Add/Remove Programs" doesn't work

Post by Christopher McGilto » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:55:20

Geoffrey,

Reinstall IE.

Cheers!

Chris McGilton