Users unable to use CDRW in restricted user mode

Users unable to use CDRW in restricted user mode

Post by chiok » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:46:41

In my network I have all of our new users on Win2k setup
as restricted users as a security measure.  However,
because users are in this mode they are not able to fully
write to media in their cdrw drive. How can I make the
user's power users for a particular device and still have
them as restricted users?

1. restricting power user access to snap-ins

It looks like when we roll out win2k pro to our desktop users, we'll be
adding them to the Power Users group. I would like to restrict access to
more of the mmc snap-ins. For example, when I'm logged in as a Power
User, I cannot access disk management. How can I also prevent access to
Local Users & Groups, and others of my choosing? It doesn't appear to be
a file rights issue since all .msc seem to have the same. thanks.

2. TWX 1961 Automation Plans

3. PB with SCII CDRW and Easy CD creator on Win2000 User mode

4. I can ping by name but the other computer isn't showing up in Network Neighborhood

5. Adding a country/region in Money

6. Problems in restricted user mode with I.E

7. zoek jumper settings soundblaster live drive ir

8. Restricting user from changing their own AD User attributes

9. unable to launch Office 97 outlook login as restricted user in win2000

10. What is restricted if user has user access?

11. Cant open JPEG images when a user is set to Restricted User.

12. How To: Very Restricted Windows 2k Pro User and Denying Remote User To Join Domain