Admin Tools on w2k Pro

Post by Thomas Honeycut » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:59:57

Can I install the admin tools for windows 2000 server on a
windows 2000 pro computer?

Thanks,
Thomas

Admin Tools on w2k Pro

Post by Tomasz Onyszk » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:05:46

W wolnej burzy wypowiedzi przedstawionej w

Quote:> Can I install the admin tools for windows 2000 server on a
> windows 2000 pro computer?

Yes, You have to instal adminpack.msi from w2K CD or donwloaded from the
network.
But I recomend You to install adminpack for windows 2003 server

--

http://www.w2k.pl/

--
Serwis Usenet w portalu Gazeta.pl -> http://www.gazeta.pl/usenet/

Admin Tools on w2k Pro

Post by J-ma » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 00:55:58

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Can I install the admin tools for windows 2000 server on
>windows 2000 pro computer?

>Thanks,
>Thomas

NOTE: You must have administrative permissions for the
local computer to install and run Windows 2000
Administration Tools, and you must have Domain
administrative permissions for the domain that you want to
run administrative tasks on to remotely manage a server.

To install Windows 2000 Administration Tools on a local
computer:
Open the I386 folder on the appropriate Windows 2000
Server CD-ROM. The latest version of the Windows 2000
Administration Tools is on the latest Windows 2000 service
pack CD-ROM.
Double-click the Adminpak.msi file.
Click Next, and then click Finish.
The Adminpak.msi file installs the Active Directory
administrative tools, and other administrative tools,
including the Terminal Services Client and Cluster
Administrator.