NT and Win2k Domain problems

Post by Cort » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 01:15:37

Here's the situation.  There are three domains in our organization.  All were wt
NT 4.0 until recently.  There is a trust between three of us, which has worked
only off and on.  The other two domains recently upgraded to Win2k.  We are the
only ones still on NT.  We can now see the other two domains just fine.  We can
ping them IP and by name.  But, from the other two domains, they cannot see us
completely.  They can ping our servers with IP but not by name.  When you try to
map a drive from them, our domain is not an option.  Also, some of the machines
in the other domains had mapped drives to our domain before the upgrade.  Those
machines are still mapped to the drives in our network without any problems.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
.

NT and Win2k Domain problems

Post by Greg Aske » Mon, 25 Dec 2000 01:44:58

Are the Win2k domains in Native or Mixed mode?

Have you re-created the trusts?

"I haven't seen murkier *lines than this since the house of Plantagenet."
--Dennis Miller, Monday Night Football