ADD/REMOVE Programs not opening

Post by William H. Hiatt II » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 07:40:22

When I double-click on Add/Remove programs in Windows 2000 Professional,
nothing happens. Opening task manager reveals that mshta.exe is just sitting
there doing nothing. Any known fixes or ways to help fix this? The system is
SP2 and patched with the latest patches.

Post by dh » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:16:26

"The system is SP2 and patched with the latest patches."
If by this you mean IE 5.5 Sp2 also, see other post nearby!
How MS can call this a "critical update" is truly ironic.
dh

Quote:> When I double-click on Add/Remove programs in Windows 2000 Professional,