map infrared port to com port in Windows 2000

map infrared port to com port in Windows 2000

Post by Zhang Weiw » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:10:33

I wonder if it is possible to map infrared port to a com
port, say, com4, as it is done in Windows 98? (On my
Thinkpad R30.)

I have an old GPRS Motorola A6288 mobile phone, which can
act as a modem on Windows 98(linked with infrared port),
provide Internet access.

The drive and the connection software can be installed on
Windows 2000 with no problem, but it won't work. It
complains that COM4 port is in use. (Actually the COM4
doesn't exist. On windows 98 the COM4 port is mapped to
infrared port.) I called motorola, they said they don't
have drives for Win2k computers and suggested me to go
back to Windows 98.

I wonder if it is possible to solve the problem just by
map infrared port to a virtual COM4 port by some 3rd part
software.

1. map infrared port to COM port in Win2k

I wonder if it is possible to map infrared port to a com
port, say, com4, as it is done in Windows 98? (On my
Thinkpad R30.)

I have an old GPRS Motorola A6288 mobile phone, which can
act as a modem on Windows 98(linked with infrared port),
provide Internet access.

The drive and the connection software can be installed on
Windows 2000 with no problem, but it won't work. It
complains that COM4 port is in use. (Actually the COM4
doesn't exist. On windows 98 the COM4 port is mapped to
infrared port.) I called motorola, they said they don't
have drives for Win2k computers and suggested me to go
back to Windows 98.

I wonder if it is possible to solve the problem just by
map infrared port to a virtual COM4 port by some 3rd part
software.

2. JOB Openings

3. How to bind Infrared port to virtual COM port

4. Fiber Optic Amps (EDFAs)

5. Mapping to a com port and parallel port?

6. bincancel:8 large binaries:AR1172:@@NCM

7. How to re-map a serial port to a different COM port number?

8. change com port on the the infrared

9. Infrared Port on Windows 2000

10. Virtual Infrared Com Port

11. Infrared + com port