Terminal Service Auto Kill app after x idle time

Terminal Service Auto Kill app after x idle time

Post by David J » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 05:56:23

Newbie question

I have customers who either do not logoff correctly or they just disconnect
from the app.  Is there a setting that I can change that will automatically
log them off after X amount of idle time on the terminal server?

Let me know.

Thanks

Terminal Service Auto Kill app after x idle time

Post by Vera Noes » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:27:40

Disconnected Session Timeout is what you're looking for.

186566 - Connection Configuration in Terminal Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=186566

--
Vera Noest
MCSE, CCEA

Quote:> Newbie question

> I have customers who either do not logoff correctly or they just
> disconnect from the app.  Is there a setting that I can change that
> will automatically log them off after X amount of idle time on the
> terminal server?

> Let me know.

> Thanks

Terminal Service Auto Kill app after x idle time

Post by David J » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:35:03

Thanks

That works

David

> Disconnected Session Timeout is what you're looking for.

> 186566 - Connection Configuration in Terminal Server
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=186566

> --
> Vera Noest
> MCSE, CCEA
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>  --- please answer in newsgroup ---

> > Newbie question

> > I have customers who either do not logoff correctly or they just
> > disconnect from the app.  Is there a setting that I can change that
> > will automatically log them off after X amount of idle time on the
> > terminal server?

> > Let me know.

> > Thanks

1. (HELP) - IE5 auto.complete [kill, kill, kill]

UGH!... can't find an option to 'erase' all the nfo IE stores when I enter text in a text box..
ex: "AltaVista's search engine"

If i start to type
"A         "
I get that damn popup that list thing(s) which I have typed in the past that begin with the
letter "A". [I didn't mind this as much as when I used the computer soley for my purposes] but
now there are others using it: Its a pain in the ass!. (CANT wait untill I master linux to the
level where I will force those in my household to use it!)

Untill I do *master* linux to the point where I feel secure enough to create accounts for those
who will be using my 'puta', I'm stuck with windoze... I'm sure there is a 'tweak' prog out
there... If so, which offers a quick/simple solution?

Where exactly is this nfo stored (a certain IE file?)... A quick reg-hack?

thanks in advance.

2. Latex and C++

3. How to increase the time out or idle time in a terminal server session

4. how to delete

5. Auto Disconnect/Idle Time

6. Disk Cache for Test Drive II

7. Clients auto logout after a period of idle time

8. Boot Manager Corrupted

9. Re : Clients auto logout after a period of idle time

10. auto log off after idle time

11. What constitutes an "idle session" in terminal services?

12. Reg key for setting time outs and idle time

13. Terminal Service Kills IIS