windows archecture?

Post by Anderso » Mon, 09 Apr 2001 18:47:00

I have an essay to write about windows98 vers windows2000 (NT) for my
'operating systems' class.

I need technical information on architecture, user interface, networking,
memory managment (ie virtual memory, paging, segmentation, partitioning),
processor menagement (ie deadlocks, timesharing), file managment (ie FAT32,
NSFS),  proccessor scheduling and surcurity.

Any websites/comments relating to any of the above would be greatly
appreciated.  I have searched the web with no result.  All I could find on
microsofts site was help documents. I would like direct links (not links to
mircosoft windows homepage).

Thanks...

windows archecture?

Post by Stuar » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:57:40

www.amazon.co.uk

--
Stuart
[just don't bother emailing me - OK]

Quote:> I have an essay to write about windows98 vers windows2000 (NT) for my
> 'operating systems' class.

> I need technical information on architecture, user interface, networking,
> memory managment (ie virtual memory, paging, segmentation, partitioning),
> processor menagement (ie deadlocks, timesharing), file managment (ie
FAT32,
> NSFS),  proccessor scheduling and surcurity.

> Any websites/comments relating to any of the above would be greatly
> appreciated.  I have searched the web with no result.  All I could find on
> microsofts site was help documents. I would like direct links (not links
> mircosoft windows homepage).

> Thanks...

1. Windows 2000 winnls.dll not valid Windows image error from GFT's GRIT window library.

When using GFT's GRIT window libraray, we get the following error:

"The application or DLL C:\WINNT\system32\winnls.dll is not valid Windows
image. Please check against your installation diskette."

Is winnls.dll a Windows 2000 supplied DLL? If so, why is it referenced when
our purchased GRIT libraray does not use it? (We're asking GFT also).

We can eliminate the error by copying a valid dll to the winnls.dll name,
but this is hardly a solution.

Any similar experiences and resolutions are welcomed.

Thanks!

2. core dump on SunOS 5.7 sun4u

3. Windows 9x and Windows NT Workstation in a Windows 2000 Domain, please help

4. 550 Access Denied Message

5. i want to network Windows 2000, Windows XP,home and Windows ME

6. Sonicwall advice needed

7. Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows XP?

8. TREXX 2

9. Windows 2000, Windows 98 and Windows ME

10. Windows 9x and Windows NT Workstation in a Windows 2000 Domain, please help

11. Windows hangs during boot before "Windows is starting up" window comes up

12. Windows 98 vs Windows ME or Windows 2000

13. Windows Protection Error only on Restart Windows not after Shutdown Windows