Versions of Windows 2000 Professional

Post by Steve Osborn » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 02:38:09

Are there several versions of Windows 2000 Professional?
If so, how can I know which version do I have?

What is SP1? Do I have to download it from Internet or there
is a new distribution of Win2k Pro which contains it?

Thanks in advance.

Versions of Windows 2000 Professional

Post by Dieter Krosc » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 04:29:05

Quote:> Are there several versions of Windows 2000 Professional?
> If so, how can I know which version do I have?

start /run winver

Quote:> What is SP1? Do I have to download it from Internet or there
> is a new distribution of Win2k Pro which contains it?

Both - if you don't have it, you can download it.

Dieter
--
Please answer only in the newsgroup.

Versions of Windows 2000 Professional

Post by Sean Turne » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:36:51

It also comes on some CDs. The current version of Windows 2000 comes with
SP1.

--
Sean Turner

> > Are there several versions of Windows 2000 Professional?
> > If so, how can I know which version do I have?

> start /run winver

> > What is SP1? Do I have to download it from Internet or there
> > is a new distribution of Win2k Pro which contains it?

> Both - if you don't have it, you can download it.

> Dieter
> --
> Please answer only in the newsgroup.

1. OEM version of Windows 2000 Professional vs. Upgrade version

I currently have Winnt on a system and will buy a new motherboard and cpu which qualify me to buy an OEM copy of the Windows 2000.  I plan to keep the disk with winnt on it and install Windows 2000, and transition over time.

Is there any advantage of having the Upgrade version or the OEM version for this and future use? i.e. I would guess the upgrade is going to keep looking for old copies forever?  Any other differences that affect install?

--
Jay Anderson

2. UK,s Millennium Ready Benchmarks

3. pirated version of Windows 2000 Professional

4. ethernet capture

5. Full version of Windows 2000 Professional

6. IE

7. backups between linux redhat 6.2 version and windows 2000 professional

8. What are the @home DNS server IP addresses?

9. Windows 2000 Server/ Professional Trial Versions

10. Windows 2000 Professional Version 5.00.2195

11. Windows 2000 Professional Trial Version

12. What version os Samba should I use for Windows 2000 Professional clients?

13. Errors with Office 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Professional w Norton AV