Win2K Support tools

Post by Thomas Joyc » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:20:31

Locate the adminpak.msi file on the Windows 2000 Server CD.  That will
install all the admin tools.

I think it's in the i386 directory.

-Thomas

Quote:> Hey,
> I installed a new admin workstation with Win 2000.  I would like to be
> able to remotely manage DNS, WINS, DHCP from this workstation to the
> server like i did on my NT machine.  Can this be installed on the wkstn?
> And if so, how?

> Thanks for any help.
> Jim

Win2K Support tools

Post by Frank Kryszo » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 01:56:00

adminpak.msi is also in each of the W2k Servicepacks
just extract the sp-file (using the "/x" switch) and locate it in the
"\i386" folder

--

Frank Kryszon
MCSE

> Locate the adminpak.msi file on the Windows 2000 Server CD.  That will
> install all the admin tools.

> I think it's in the i386 directory.

> -Thomas

> > Hey,
> > I installed a new admin workstation with Win 2000.  I would like to be
> > able to remotely manage DNS, WINS, DHCP from this workstation to the
> > server like i did on my NT machine.  Can this be installed on the wkstn?
> > And if so, how?

> > Thanks for any help.
> > Jim

1. Win2k does not support application that is supported in ME & XP

Well,

I have trouble running Master of Orion II on Win 2K Proffesional. The mouse
hangs (although keyboard does NOT) after some steps in game setup. This
wouldn't be strange (it's just Microsoft) but the same game runs very well
under: Windows ME and Windows XP on the same hardware.
BTW, the hardware does not play role in hangs. The same things happen on
Duron 850/GeForce system and K5 350/Matrox.
The game needs DirectX v.2 (so it is something old), but RUNS under Win
XP...

Any ideas ?
DirectX versions ? Registry hacks ? Application update does not correct the
problem.

Piotr.

2. WTB: Stardust

3. Windows 2000 Support Tools

4. pocket pc inbox settings

5. 016100 - Windows 2000 Support Tools problem

6. FS: Journey by Infocom

7. support tools

8. SP3 Deployment/Support Tools

9. SP after installing Support tools

10. Support Tools Question

11. Windows 2000 Support Tools

12. Order "Customer Support and Diagnostic Tools" CD