Service Pack 4 Question????

Post by XS11 » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:18:43

Sooner or later, Microsoft will release SP4 and since I'm one of many
who have had problems with Q329170 I'm wondering if it will be included
in SP4?

Anyone have a guess?

Service Pack 4 Question????

Post by neo [mvp outlook » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:24:04

yes and by the looks of it, so will the hotfix that corrects the bug
re-intro'd in 329170.

Quote:

> Sooner or later, Microsoft will release SP4 and since I'm one of many
> who have had problems with Q329170 I'm wondering if it will be included
> in SP4?

> Anyone have a guess?

Service Pack 4 Question????

Post by XS11 » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 01:22:08

>> Sooner or later, Microsoft will release SP4 and since I'm one of
>> many who have had problems with Q329170 I'm wondering if it will
>> be included in SP4?

Quote:> yes and by the looks of it, so will the hotfix that corrects the
> bug re-intro'd in 329170.

Do you know where I can find the hotfix?

Thanks!

Service Pack 4 Question????

Post by MV » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:48:05

> >> Sooner or later, Microsoft will release SP4 and since I'm one of
> >> many who have had problems with Q329170 I'm wondering if it will
> >> be included in SP4?

> > yes and by the looks of it, so will the hotfix that corrects the
> > bug re-intro'd in 329170.

> Do you know where I can find the hotfix?

The latest from Microsoft:

There is now a fix available for customers experiencing slow logoff issues
after applying the security patch in Q329170. This patch is recommended only
for customers who are experiencing this issue.

In the US, customers can call 1-866-PCSaftey and mention they have an issue
with the 329170 security patch and that they would like the hotfix described in

Q814770. Outside the US, customers should contact their local Microsoft
subsidiary.

Unexpected Delay When You Log Off Your Domain
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;814770

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Service Pack 4 Question????

Post by XS11 » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:59:27

Quote:> The latest from Microsoft:

> There is now a fix available for customers experiencing slow
> logoff issues after applying the security patch in Q329170. This
> patch is recommended only for customers who are experiencing this
> issue.

Thanks, easier to just remove the "fix".

Service Pack 4 Question????

Post by MV » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:21:23

> > The latest from Microsoft:

> > There is now a fix available for customers experiencing slow
> > logoff issues after applying the security patch in Q329170. This
> > patch is recommended only for customers who are experiencing this
> > issue.

> Thanks, easier to just remove the "fix".

Yep, my sentiment exactly ;-)

--

Post by Gary Smit » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:24:00

>> > There is now a fix available for customers experiencing slow
>> > logoff issues after applying the security patch in Q329170. This
>> > patch is recommended only for customers who are experiencing this
>> > issue.

>> Thanks, easier to just remove the "fix".
> Yep, my sentiment exactly ;-)

Even easier was not installing the patch in the first place.  Classifying
that patch as "critical" was a mistake.

--

Columbus, Ohio

Service Pack 4 Question????

Post by XS11 » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:27:17

Quote:> Even easier was not installing the patch in the first place.
> Classifying that patch as "critical" was a mistake.

Who knew?  I've never had a patch give me a problem before.

Service Pack 4 Question????

Post by Gary Smit » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:04:29

>> Even easier was not installing the patch in the first place.
>> Classifying that patch as "critical" was a mistake.
> Who knew?  I've never had a patch give me a problem before.

I guess I'm just naturally suspicious, or at least cautious.  Since I
first begin running NT several years ago, I've been very slow to apply
service packs and careful to review all patches and apply only those that
sound like I need them.  Sometimes there are patches available for the
patches before I get around to installing the original.  Currently there
are four "critical" updates and several recommended updates on my "no
thank you" list.  I can't prove that my system is more stable because of
that practice, but it sure seems that way.

--

Columbus, Ohio