Dual Monitor troubles.

Post by J.Carlos Leyv » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:40:41

Hello, I'm new in this newsgroup.

I have a big trouble trying to configure dual monitor in
w2000 pro.

The scenario is:

P3III 1Ghz, 512 Mb RAM, 30 Gb HD.
1 VGA Adapter TNT2 Vanta 16Mb RAM AGP
2 VGA Adapter SIS 6326 8Mb RAM PCI
W2000 Pro SP 1.

The system only works with 2 monitor's the third cannont
setting up. (If i look in hardware admin, the systems only
can setting up one of the two VGA PCI Cards. Changing one
of the PCI Video cards for other model -s3 Trio -, occurs
the same)

Is I use the same configuration with WME, The system works
ok.

Please, I'm deseperated.

Thanks in advantage

Best Regards.

J.Carlos Leyva Garca.
Infoart,C.B.

Dual Monitor troubles.

Post by News » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 09:00:07

Yeah i have the same problem (as you can see earlier in the newsgroup)

Except i cant even get 2 video cards goin.. let alone 3

Dual Monitor troubles.

Post by Sven Aelterma » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 16:38:07

Hi Carlos

The problem is that you are using SiS-based chip cards.

The trick is to have one of your PCI cards be the primary card, instead of
your AGP card. This should be setting in your BIOS. If you can't find that
setting in your BIOS, try a BIOS upgrade. Note that not all BIOS
manufacturers support switching the primary graphics card (actually, it's
the motherboard manufacturers).

However, in my experience, the SiS-based card won't work as the primary when
a AGP card is also available.

Also make sure that there is no graphics board in the last PCI slot (the one
furthest from the AGP slot). They will always share an IRQ, which will also
lead to problems, especially if you don't use ACPI.

Another trick is to not use ACPI when installing W2K. During install, in the
very beginning of the text-based setup, you will see a message 'Press F6 to
install ...'  Press F5 during that message (yes, that's a five). Later on,
you will be able to choose the HAL to use. Select 'Standard PC'.

HTH

--

Kind regards

Sven Aelterman
IT
Global Communication N.V.

http://www.aelterman.com
http://www.my-it.org

[...]

Post by C Lamber » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 01:32:06

I have had many problems with SIS 6326 chipsets and multiple monitors.  Dump
the card.  It isn't worth much anyway....

J. Christopher Lambert
Automated Finishing Company Inc
www.automatedfinishing.com

--

Hello, I'm new in this newsgroup.

I have a big trouble trying to configure dual monitor in
w2000 pro.

The scenario is:

P3III 1Ghz, 512 Mb RAM, 30 Gb HD.
1 VGA Adapter TNT2 Vanta 16Mb RAM AGP
2 VGA Adapter SIS 6326 8Mb RAM PCI
W2000 Pro SP 1.

The system only works with 2 monitor's the third cannont
setting up. (If i look in hardware admin, the systems only
can setting up one of the two VGA PCI Cards. Changing one
of the PCI Video cards for other model -s3 Trio -, occurs
the same)

Is I use the same configuration with WME, The system works
ok.

Please, I'm deseperated.

Thanks in advantage

Best Regards.

J.Carlos Leyva Garca.
Infoart,C.B.

1. Dual monitor troubles

Hi,

I'd like to use dual monitor on my machine.

I use an Elsa Gloria 2 64Mo AGP for my main monitor and I bought a SIS
8Mo PCI  for the secondary monitor.
When I put the SIS board in the slot and restart, W2K start on the SIS
card and the Elsa remains inactive.

Does anybody have a clue to fix this ?

Thanx
Frdric "kikako" Aubailly
--
www.kikako.com
www.webmx.net

2. inc -silent -file file +folder & --> Stopped (tty output)

3. Dual Monitor Troubles

4. ****New MIDI Site****

5. Help StretchDIBBits problems

6. multi monitor dual monitor standby problem

7. Driver TEAC

8. Dual monitors in Win2K - monitor not displaying

9. How can I connect up dual monitors?monitors

10. dual ATI cards? dual monitors on win2k server

11. Dual Monitors Dual Graphics Cards

12. changing LAN monitor from packet monitoring to Byte monitoring