Install Win98 after Win2000

Post by Jackey Won » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I am now using dual-boot between win98 SE and win2000 pro. Because of system
error of win98 SE, I have to completely delete win98 SE in order to
re-install win98 SE. However, I have installed win2000 pro already and it
works fine to me. I dont' want to re-install everything, includes win2000
pro. and its s/w., and keep the dual-boot function. so, is there any
alternative way to delete win98 SE then re-install it again without removing
win2000 pro.

any idea, suggestion or comment is definitely appreciated

--J

Install Win98 after Win2000

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Instead of reinstalling Win98, why not post here with the errors you're experiencing.  You will likely find that someone here can help you resolve the problems.

--
Doug Knox, Microsoft MVPDTS
* Help us help YOU - http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

Post by Christopher L. Este » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Instead of reinstalling Win98, why not post here with the errors you're
experiencing.  You will likely find that someone here can help you resolve
the problems.

Also, see if you can boot SE into "command-prompt-only" mode.  If you can,
you can do a "pour-over" reinstall of SE, with 2000's boot partition safe.

Christopher L. Estep