Error trying to bring up Add/Remove Programs

Error trying to bring up Add/Remove Programs

Post by Rick » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 05:18:09

Everytime I try and goto Add/Remove Programs I get the following Error:

An unexpected error occured

Object doesn't support this property or method
res://appwiz.cpl/default.hta
line 75

Anyone know or hear about this problem.  Is there an option other than
re-install windows 2000?

Error trying to bring up Add/Remove Programs

Post by Paul Mathie » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:26:50

Just out of curiosity, do you get prompted with a script error too?  I just
had a client drop of his laptop to me today with a similar (or same)
problem, and up until last Tuesday or Wednesday it was working fine.  I'm
wondering if a virus has done this damage.

I tried re-installing I.E. 5.5, and repairing W2K, but neither of those
fixed this problem.  I've resorted to re-installing.

Please let me know if you are seeing that script error.  Also, I hit that
error when I opened up Explorer and went to Program Files and a few other
directories.

Paul
--------------------

Quote:

> Everytime I try and goto Add/Remove Programs I get the following Error:

> An unexpected error occured

> Object doesn't support this property or method
> res://appwiz.cpl/default.hta
> line 75

> Anyone know or hear about this problem.  Is there an option other than
> re-install windows 2000?

Error trying to bring up Add/Remove Programs

Post by Rick » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:48:45

Nope, just a box that comes up saying "Object doesn't support this property
or method

res://appwiz.cpl/default.hta line 75'

With the option to just say OK.

> Just out of curiosity, do you get prompted with a script error too?  I
just
> had a client drop of his laptop to me today with a similar (or same)
> problem, and up until last Tuesday or Wednesday it was working fine.  I'm
> wondering if a virus has done this damage.

> I tried re-installing I.E. 5.5, and repairing W2K, but neither of those
> fixed this problem.  I've resorted to re-installing.

> Please let me know if you are seeing that script error.  Also, I hit that
> error when I opened up Explorer and went to Program Files and a few other
> directories.

> Paul
> --------------------

> > Everytime I try and goto Add/Remove Programs I get the following Error:

> > An unexpected error occured

> > Object doesn't support this property or method
> > res://appwiz.cpl/default.hta
> > line 75

> > Anyone know or hear about this problem.  Is there an option other than
> > re-install windows 2000?

1. Error when trying to Uninstall Programs using Add/Remove Programs

When I try to uninstall programs via Add/Remove Programs applet in Control
Panel, nothing is there and I receive the following message:

    An Unexpected Error Occurred.
    ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
    res://appwiz.cpl/listbox.htc
    Line: 225

I installed Windows 2000 fresh as well as Office 2000.  Does anybody have a
clue on this?  Thanks

Tom Kohnen
Peabody Coal Company

2. How is Flashcom on Long Island?

3. Unable to bring up Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel

4. laptop problems

5. Add and Remove buttons disabled in Add/Remove Programs

6. More CW/Symantec Diffs

7. how to remove dead program listings from 'add/remove program' application

8. Win/Dos (ack) apps for Boca Voice Modem?

9. How do I add programs to the install from network feature in Add/Remove Programs?

10. Removing Currently Installed Program names from the Add/Remove Programs

11. how to remove program name from add/remove programs in control panel?

12. Remove old programs from Add/Remove programs

13. Problem when trying to use Add/Remove Programs