Create new users, using a template

Post by narbert » Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:20:44

Is there a utility that will copy a user template to create a new user from
the command line?

If not, is there a utility or hidden switch to the cusrmgr program which can
add a local profile and home directory path to the terminal service profile
tab in a users account?

Post by MV » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:57:59

> Is there a utility that will copy a user template to create a new user from
> the command line?

> If not, is there a utility or hidden switch to the cusrmgr program which can
> add a local profile and home directory path to the terminal service profile
> tab in a users account?

Hi

wts_admin.dll might help you here:

Subject: Re: Terminal Services Profile with VB script
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
Date: 2002-10-08 08:51:59 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3DA2FE50.E53D97EA%40hydro.com

Tsprof.exe that is located on the terminal server might help you also:

Subject: Setting terminalserver profile path via ADSI
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
Date: 2001-06-28 02:46:08 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=0ac301c0ffb6%249b88f9f0%2419ef2e...

Subject: Re: Terminal Server ADSI Extension
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.adsi.general
Date: 2001-03-28 17:26:04 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=576101c0b7ee%240d7cdc40%24a5e62e...

Terminal Server Commands: TSPROF (NT 4.0 version)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q186632

--
torgeir
Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI

Create new users, using a template

Post by Neil MacMurch » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 05:45:07

LDIFDE. Allows modifications of just about everything. homeDirectory and
profilePath are both supported make sure to set the changeType to modify and
add a dash ( - ) on a blank line in between each user you want to modify...

Neil MacMurchy

Quote:> Is there a utility that will copy a user template to create a new user
from
> the command line?

> If not, is there a utility or hidden switch to the cusrmgr program which
can
> add a local profile and home directory path to the terminal service
profile
> tab in a users account?

1. Using admin templates to create new registry keys

I have used admin templates extensively to extend the
functionality provided by GPOs.

However, I now need to create a key (with no values within
it).

Specifically, I need to create key:
System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\NoLMHash

to prevent the creation of weak LMhashes in the AD
database, (upon next password change).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neil
PS I know this policy is exposed by w2003, but I need to
make the change in a purely w2k environment.

2. cannot access public typedef

3. When new registry keys are created what is used as the template for security

4. How to return a String

5. Need a script to create several user accounts from a template user.

6. Federal Criteria for Information Technology Security (FC) Information

7. Create user with VBScript wich ask for a user template

8. OSX 10.1.3 & Samba

9. Not able to login using the new user created

10. using vb to create automatic new user creation

11. How to create a registry key using admin templates??

12. how to create new folder first time new user logon

13. Creating templates for adding users