Event ID 62 in System Event Log

Post by Bill Walte » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I keep getting W32Time Event ID 62 errors in the system Event log for my
main server. The message indicates I need to Configure a time sync from and
external time source usinf net time /setsntp:<server name>. Two questions:

1. Where do I get a list of available time server names, and what is the
name format expected by the net time command?

2. Do I need to execute this command after every reboot or is the
information retained in the registry and restored after a reboot?

Bill Walter
Resource Optimization, Inc.

1. Event ID 62 in System Event Log

Hello Bill,
Thanks for contacting Microsoft Technical Support Online Newsgroups.

I found the following Knowledge Base article will related directly to your
question.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q216/7/34.asp

Thanks,
Mike Briggs
Microsoft 2000/NT Server

2. Amstrad IRC meeting?

3. Event ID 64 Win32time warning and Event ID 62 Win32time Error

4. 2nd Post: Can a hyperlink-ed image change dynamically? (with a macro)

5. event source w32time event id 62 & 64

6. The Total Is??

7. Event id 62 w32time

8. TweakUI

9. Event ID 62 info