Reverse routing: Share LAN with Inet

Post by Matthew Dauber » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:12:15

Could anybody help me with the configuration for this?  I would like to be
able to have my Win2K Server box route traffic from the Internet to the LAN
like so:

www.mydomain.com -> (Dynamic Ext. IP) 2ksvr - WWW
joe.mydomain.com -> (Dynamic Ext. IP) 2ksvr - WWW (192.168.0.1) -> 2kpro JOE
(DHCP from WWW)
ftp.mydomain.com -> (Dynamic Ext. IP) 2ksvr - WWW
sue.mydomain.com -> (Dynamic Ext. IP) 2ksvr - WWW (192.168.0.1) -> win98 SUE
(DHCP from WWW)

Thanks a million!

Matthew Daubert

1. lan->INet->lan VPN problem

There is a diagram below to help with the concept! Thx!

Ok, I'm trying to connect 2 LANs together via VPN. Both
LANs are connected to the Internet and are using NAT
services.

VPN/RRAS services are running on a server on LAN2 (there
is a hole in the firewall to allow this...)

If I connect a PC to the Internet via dialup, I can VPN
into Lan2 just fine.

However, when I try VPN from Lan1 to Lan2, I get error 721
(and sometimes error 623, depending on its mood...)

VPN services are configured correctly on Lan2, because I
can connect via the dialup PC just fine. The probelm seems
to be connecting through the NAT services on Lan1. Does
anyone have a solution for this? (I have NO control over
the firewall on Lan1)

+------------+
|            |
|   LAN 1    |
| 10.x.x.x   |
|            |
|(Leased w/  |
|   NAT)     |
| 10.0.0.1   |
+------------+
  213.2.3.4

+------------+
|            |
|   I-Net    |----123.7.8.9 (Dial-UP)
|            |
+------------+

  132.4.5.6
+------------+
| 172.26.0.1 |
|(ADSL w/NAT)|
|            |
|            |
|    LAN 2   |
| 172.26.x.x |
|            |
| w/ VPN     |
|  Server    |
+------------+

2. Programs >> WANTED <<

3. Connecting to inet gateway causes it to dial inet.

4. FTPable Zmodem sources (correction!).

5. "Dual line" ISDN set

6. Win2000 routing, LAN-to-LAN

7. Pentium Pro Benchmarks (repost)

8. LAN to LAN VPN - Static routes seem to be ignored?

9. LAN to LAN Routing

10. LAN to LAN route question

11. LAN to LAN Routing

12. Problem Implementing LAN-to-LAN Routing