windows ME to 2000 ( getting rid of one of my windows options)

windows ME to 2000 ( getting rid of one of my windows options)

Post by Richar » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:09:59

When I start my computer. A black screen comes up asking
me what version of windows 2000 I would like to use? They
are both the same. But how do I get rid of one of them?
Any help on this would help me out and get rid of this
damn head ache....lol...thank you
Richard

windows ME to 2000 ( getting rid of one of my windows options)

Post by Keda Wan » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 04:02:46

Hi Richard,

There are two ways to get rid of the message. You can edit
the boot.ini file or you can right click "My Computer" ->
properties->Advanced->Startup and Recovery

Change "Display list of operating systems for" to 0
seconds.

-Keda

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When I start my computer. A black screen comes up asking
>me what version of windows 2000 I would like to use? They
>are both the same. But how do I get rid of one of them?
>Any help on this would help me out and get rid of this
>damn head ache....lol...thank you
>Richard
>.

windows ME to 2000 ( getting rid of one of my windows options)

Post by <cowboy_69.. » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:43:01

Thank you very much...

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Richard,

>There are two ways to get rid of the message. You can
edit
>the boot.ini file or you can right click "My Computer" ->
>properties->Advanced->Startup and Recovery

>Change "Display list of operating systems for" to 0
>seconds.

>-Keda

Post by Ken Pyl » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 02:02:39

Open your boot.ini file.. the references are there, delete
the one that is extraneous.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----