Add/Remove Programs icon not working

Post by M_pac » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:57:41

I have a Win2K Server running Terminal Services.  Everything has been
running smooth.   One day I went to install an app, through control panel,
and the Add/Remove Programs will not work.   I click on it and nothing
happens.  I don't have a policy setup on it.  Has anybody ever seen this, or
more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it??

Add/Remove Programs icon not working

Post by Elijah Goodwi » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 12:45:20

The .cpl file for the Add/ Remove programs is appwiz.cpl.
Run this from the Run prompt and see if it launches.

Elijah Goodwin

Quote:> I have a Win2K Server running Terminal Services.  Everything has been
> running smooth.   One day I went to install an app, through control panel,
> and the Add/Remove Programs will not work.   I click on it and nothing
> happens.  I don't have a policy setup on it.  Has anybody ever seen this,
or
> more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it??

Add/Remove Programs icon not working

Post by Elijah Goodwi » Sun, 22 Apr 2001 07:00:35

Also, I've seen IE 5.5 do this before.
Here's the technet article.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q265/8/29.ASP

It seems you have to reinstall IE.
Since appwiz doesn't work and you're using Terminal Services, you may have
to run all commands (like setup and change user, if necessary) from the
command prompt.
I hope this is of some help to finally solve your issue. Let me know how
it went.

Elijah Goodwin

> The .cpl file for the Add/ Remove programs is appwiz.cpl.
> Run this from the Run prompt and see if it launches.

> Elijah Goodwin

> > I have a Win2K Server running Terminal Services.  Everything has been
> > running smooth.   One day I went to install an app, through control
panel,
> > and the Add/Remove Programs will not work.   I click on it and nothing
> > happens.  I don't have a policy setup on it.  Has anybody ever seen
this,
> or
> > more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it??

1. Add/Remove Programs icon doesn't work

I have two machines that will not run the program when double clicking on
it.  I have setup of two machines that are identical configurations and one
works and the other does not.  Is there a fix to this?  I have run almost
all micrsoft patch's and have service pack 2 loaded.

2. Loadtesting Vista Plus

3. Add/Remove programs icon doesn't work

4. monitor

5. Add and remove programs icon doesn't work

6. Problem with Time service. Please help!

7. Add/Remove Programs icon does not open

8. ZX10 pricing question

9. "Add/Remove Program" not working!

10. Add/Remove Programs not working

11. add/remove programs not working

12. Add/Remove program in W2000Pro does not work