Disabling Encrypted file system

Post by Bob » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 04:10:05

I know how to disable,enable the EFS feature in W2K at the local,domain
level. My question is how can I automate this process with a script???
Anyone have an idea?

Post by James Hamilton Adam » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 04:50:21

Quote:-----Original Message-----

I know how to disable,enable the EFS feature in W2K at the local,domain
level. My question is how can I automate this process with a script???
Anyone have an idea?

What you could do is set a script to run the secedit command - this can import a
security template into the local policy to specify an empty recovery policy for
EFS (disabling it) and then use secedit again to immediately update (refresh) the
policy settings.

James

.