1. Access denied sharing w95 and w98 resouces for W2000 clients
We have (still) a problem with sharing resources from W95/98 machines to
W2000 servers and W2000 pro clients. When a W2000 pro client or someone
working with one of the W2000 servers try to connect shares
(\\computername\C) on W95/98 clients they can see the share and the resource
but when they click on the map 'C' the message 'access denied' appears.
One domain running W2000 in mixed mode ( also several NT4 servers)
1 IP-range, 1 subnet mask.
Permissions are set correctly (1000% sure)
Connections directly, NOT running true routers or RAS.
DHCP server is active and correctly configured.
- Access control on the W95/98 clients on user-level
- All the W95/98 clients can share their resources and the W95/98 clients
can use resources on the W2000 servers and W2000 clients.
- With the command Netwatch on the W95/98 client, you do see the connection
with IPC$, the field computer name is filled with the right name,but the
field username is empty!!!!
- Q263648 van Microsoft, enabling Netbios over TCP/IP, this solution didn't
solve the problem.
- Running a W2K pro machine under 'Workgroup' and tried to connect with
Network Neighbourhood, but still 'Access denied'
- Changed the client W95/98 properties from user-level security to
share-level, ...YES this works, but we want only share these sources for a
selected number of people......
Solutions very welcome.....is there ?
Huub Roem, the Netherlands
2. How to Back up Outlook Express data, reinstall Win98, then Restore Outlook Express Data
3. W98 Client & W2000 Server
4. HELP! Owner wants to upgrade to SCSI-2 but has Nexus card...
5. W2000 Server + W98 Clients - Curious behavior
6. The person you called is not able to accept Microsoft Netmeeting calls.
7. W2000+W98 then Uninstall W98 & reclaim Disk space??
8. ??Determine IMAGE from VERB
9. TS client for W98?
10. W2000 Pro : TS client install
11. problems with numlock when using a w98 client on w2k TS.
12. Problems with VPN client connection over W2000 router
13. VPN and novell networking client/w98