corrupt wsock.dll under win2k

Post by vp2k » Thu, 01 May 2003 02:33:53

Hello all,
     My question is an easy one but the solution eludes me
since using Win2k. After visiting a site on the net last
night, my winsock file(s) have become corrupt. when tryin
gto ping an URL I get "unknown host". In Win98 this was
easy to fix by removing DUN or even exporting a copy of
file back into the registry. So the question i have is,,
Is the process the same in win2k or is it a little more
complicated?  I have an ERD to use, but what will happen
to the programs on my system? Will i have to reload any of
them or all of them?  Also, is there a way to keep a copy
of the said file(s) on a disk in .reg format in case
future issues arise? Thanks for the help in advance.

corrupt wsock.dll under win2k

Post by Jim Carloc » Thu, 01 May 2003 02:45:41

Do you know specifically which files are used by the winsock.dll file and if
thats the file that is corrupted?

Jim Carlock

Quote:> Hello all,
>      My question is an easy one but the solution eludes me
> since using Win2k. After visiting a site on the net last
> night, my winsock file(s) have become corrupt. when tryin
> gto ping an URL I get "unknown host". In Win98 this was
> easy to fix by removing DUN or even exporting a copy of
> file back into the registry. So the question i have is,,
> Is the process the same in win2k or is it a little more
> complicated?  I have an ERD to use, but what will happen
> to the programs on my system? Will i have to reload any of
> them or all of them?  Also, is there a way to keep a copy
> of the said file(s) on a disk in .reg format in case
> future issues arise? Thanks for the help in advance.

1. wsock.dll error on startup

Woke up this morning and I couldn't get my PC running.  Windows 98 starts
to load, and then I get illegal operation messages, and can go no
further.  Each of the messages relate to wsock.dll or kernal.dll (I
apologize, I don't have the exact wording).  I'm assuming this is due to
some virus, as everything was working properly the day before.  Any
thoughts?

2. looking for routine to read data from pixmap

3. winsock32.dll (not wsock or anything else)

4. Y2K Might Shutter Italian Airports

5. wsock.exe error upon bootup in Win 2000

6. SBS with 95 client

7. wsock.vsd fatal exception error

8. printing formulas Release 5

9. wsock.vxd fatal exception error