where are the error logs?

Post by Wayn » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:13:05

A program I was running crashed and win2000 pops up a dialog box saying an
error log has been generated.  In which directory does win2k puts all the
error logs in?

where are the error logs?

Post by johnny » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 12:28:31

Windows 2000 includes version 5 of Dr Watson (DRWTSN32.EXE) which has
relocated the log and user dump location to the
%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson.
This can be changed by starting drwtsn32.exe and modifying the locations.

Where your BSODs are found depends on the type of dump file you select.
Open Control Panel | System | Advanced Tab then Startup and Recovery
to see your current settings.

where are the error logs?

Post by Terry Ma » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:56:14

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:28:31 -0400

> Windows 2000 includes version 5 of Dr Watson (DRWTSN32.EXE) which has
> relocated the log and user dump location to the
> %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson.
> This can be changed by starting drwtsn32.exe and modifying the locations.

Why is it even if you immediately press Cancel, it continues writing to
the disk for a fairly long time, draining your resources and delaying
your ability to restart the program in question?  Very annoying.
--
"During sex, my girlfriend always wants to talk to me.  Just the other
night she called me from a hotel."  - Rodney Dangerfield

where are the error logs?

Post by johnny » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 07:07:35

More than likely you are not cancelling Dr Watson quick enough.
Or, it could be one of the many bugs commonly found in
Windows operating systems.

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:28:31 -0400

> > Windows 2000 includes version 5 of Dr Watson (DRWTSN32.EXE) which has
> > relocated the log and user dump location to the
> > %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson.
> > This can be changed by starting drwtsn32.exe and modifying the locations.

> Why is it even if you immediately press Cancel, it continues writing to
> the disk for a fairly long time, draining your resources and delaying
> your ability to restart the program in question?  Very annoying.
> --
> "During sex, my girlfriend always wants to talk to me.  Just the other
> night she called me from a hotel."  - Rodney Dangerfield

1. error - i am logged in as administrator but cannot modify/move anything on C drive!

all of a sudden, i just lost all permissions on my c drive! I can still
create files, but when i try to move anything it throws an error that says
it is either write-protected or full (but i have 600+MB free!)

any idea what happened?

also, in the event log it says:

Windows cannot unload your registry file. If you have a roaming profile,
your settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.

2. GODAMNIT U PEOPLE ARE STUPID (no only the stupid ones)

3. Am I admin or am I not Admin, that is the question.

4. Short Question:

5. I am trying to protect my share folder with password....I am using WinXP OS.

6. PS Print Speed

7. Where am I logged on??

8. Winter Olympiad 88

9. How do I get my local preferences etc.when I am logged onto the network

10. I can't change Device IRQ even I am logged as administrator

11. Lose interent connection when different user logs on or am online an extended time

12. I am having problem in Event Log