Missing Server and Workstation services

Post by Dawn Gil » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 06:49:24

We have a client which installed Win2k advance server on a
IBM Netfinity - and now the server, workstation and
messager services are no where on the system.

The system is a member server with sp2, security updates
and IE6. Is there a way to configure during a install to
block your networking service or maybe a bios update is
needed?

Thanks for any help,
Dawn

Missing Server and Workstation services

Post by Giuliano Moschin » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 07:08:22

Open up the properties of your network adapter ("Local Area Connection", etc.) and see if the
following are listed:

Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

If they are not listed, click the Install button and install them, listed under the Clients or
Services selection.

Otherwise, you can try un-installing those clients, and re-installing them, via the network
adapter's property page.

-Giuliano

Quote:> We have a client which installed Win2k advance server on a
> IBM Netfinity - and now the server, workstation and
> messager services are no where on the system.

> The system is a member server with sp2, security updates
> and IE6. Is there a way to configure during a install to
> block your networking service or maybe a bios update is
> needed?

> Thanks for any help,
> Dawn

Missing Server and Workstation services

Post by Dawn Gil » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 00:37:25

U R absolutely correct!  Thank you so much!!
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Open up the properties of your network adapter ("Local

Area Connection", etc.) and see if the
Quote:>following are listed:

>Client for Microsoft Networks
>File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

>If they are not listed, click the Install button and

install them, listed under the Clients or
Quote:>Services selection.

>Otherwise, you can try un-installing those clients, and

re-installing them, via the network
>adapter's property page.

>-Giuliano

>> We have a client which installed Win2k advance server
on a
>> IBM Netfinity - and now the server, workstation and
>> messager services are no where on the system.

>> The system is a member server with sp2, security updates
>> and IE6. Is there a way to configure during a install to
>> block your networking service or maybe a bios update is
>> needed?

>> Thanks for any help,
>> Dawn

>.

1. Workstation and Server service missing

A friend of mine is trying to set up a home network and one of the
boxes is Win2K.  This box was upgraded from Win98 to Win2K.  He said
that the Server and Workstation service did not appear in his list of
services.  Does he not need this for file and print sharing?  If so,
how does he get these services installed?  I thought they were
installed by default.

Thanks

---------------------------------------
What could possibly go wrong?

2. Storagetime on Writable CD's

3. workstation and server services missing in Win2000

4. $100 SCONSIG Logo

5. Lanman Workstation Service Missing

6. Calcomp 2000 Digitizer parts wanted

7. workstation service missing

8. Image source for Direct Draw

9. Win2000 Server, Missing Server Service

10. Removing IIS removed the Server, Redirector and Workstation service

11. Terminal Services Server on a Workstation

12. Securely Applying Hotfixes and Service Packs on Remote Workstations and Remote Servers

13. terminal server services on 2k workstation