Lost the Task Bar Icons

Post by Henry Stoc » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 00:48:24

As most of you know, it is possible to place shortcuts to frequently used
programs on your task bar at the bottom of the screen.  For some reason I
can not yet explain those icons have disappeared on one of the systems I
administer.  Looking at task bar properties between system with the icons
and the without I can not see any difference.

Does anyone know what data structure is used to store this information?  I
would think it would be under Documents and Settings and the user id and
possibly local settings, but I am not sure.

It does not appear that the icons are just hidden.
--
Henry Stock, Network Administrator
onProject.com

Lost the Task Bar Icons

Post by Henry Stoc » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 01:17:11

Adddition update.  The object I am refering to is called the Quick Launch
Toolbar.

Quote:> As most of you know, it is possible to place shortcuts to frequently used
> programs on your task bar at the bottom of the screen.  For some reason I
> can not yet explain those icons have disappeared on one of the systems I
> administer.  Looking at task bar properties between system with the icons
> and the without I can not see any difference.

> Does anyone know what data structure is used to store this information?  I
> would think it would be under Documents and Settings and the user id and
> possibly local settings, but I am not sure.

> It does not appear that the icons are just hidden.
> --
> Henry Stock, Network Administrator
> onProject.com
> 3 Wing Drive
> Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006

Lost the Task Bar Icons

Post by Dave Patric » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 01:09:48

Are you talking about shortcuts placed on the Quick Launch bar? If so just drag them from the
Desktop to the Quick Launch and drop.
Or if the Quick Launch toolbar is missing; Right-click the TaskBar|Tool Bars, then check "Quick
Launch"
The shortcuts are stored in
\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\

--
Regards,

 As most of you know, it is possible to place shortcuts to frequently used programs on your task bar
at the bottom of the screen.  For some reason I can not yet explain those icons have disappeared on
one of the systems I administer.  Looking at task bar properties between system with the icons and
the without I can not see any difference. Does anyone know what data structure is used to store this
information?  I would think it would be under Documents and Settings and the user id and possibly
local settings, but I am not sure. It does not appear that the icons are just hidden.
-- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006

Lost the Task Bar Icons

Post by JR » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 01:20:54

Are you referring to the Quick Launch Bar??
The one right next to the Start Button?
Right click your task bar, choose toolbars and make
sure Quick Launch is selected.

Those shortcuts can be found in:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

> As most of you know, it is possible to place shortcuts to frequently used
> programs on your task bar at the bottom of the screen.  For some reason I
> can not yet explain those icons have disappeared on one of the systems I
> administer.  Looking at task bar properties between system with the icons
> and the without I can not see any difference.

> Does anyone know what data structure is used to store this information?  I
> would think it would be under Documents and Settings and the user id and
> possibly local settings, but I am not sure.

> It does not appear that the icons are just hidden.
> --
> Henry Stock, Network Administrator
> onProject.com
> 3 Wing Drive
> Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006

Lost the Task Bar Icons

Post by Courtney, Sr » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 06:47:21

C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

If there are Icons in the folder they should show up...  unless they are
hidden.  If you right click and go to Properties it there is a box to show
if they are hidden at the bottom.

If it is still not there, right click on the Taskbar and go to Toolbars and
there is an option for Quick Launch there.

Hope that helps!

Courtney, Sr.