W2K Adv Server Print Spooler Service

Post by Rod » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 04:28:08

W2K Adv Server w/spk3 print server spooler service keeps
restarting w/o error. No post hotfix applied.
Anybody knows!!!!
Thanks

W2K Adv Server Print Spooler Service

Post by Scot » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:41:44

Nothing in the event log ?

> W2K Adv Server w/spk3 print server spooler service keeps
> restarting w/o error. No post hotfix applied.
> Anybody knows!!!!
> Thanks

W2K Adv Server Print Spooler Service

Post by Joe Tuck [MSFT » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 02:21:35

Hi Rod,

When you receive a spooler stop unexpectedly message,
information is usually captured to drwtsn32.log file and a
User.dmp file is created.
Default location for these files is:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson

To verify location, run Drwtsn32 and check Log and Dump
file paths.

Drwtsn32.log can be read in Notepad.
The user.dmp file will require a de* and debug
knowledge.
(http://www.veryComputer.com/#Debug32
)

These files can be used to determine the cause of the
spooler issue. Most common causes are corrupt driver or
port monitor.

260142.KB.EN-US How to Troubleshoot Windows 2000 Printing
Problems http://www.veryComputer.com/
scid=KB;EN-US;260142

Microsoft Product Support services can assist with
reviewing the User.dmp and drwtsn32.log files. Support
optins can be selected at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

Best regards,
Joe Tuck
Microsoft Product Support

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>W2K Adv Server w/spk3 print server spooler service keeps
>restarting w/o error. No post hotfix applied.
>Anybody knows!!!!
>Thanks
>.

1. Dr. Watsons on print spooler service W2k-server

Hi all,

This month we've migrated some of our servers from NT4 to W2k Domain Controlers.
For so far everything seems to be ok.

Except the print spool service. It frequently terminates and has to be started
again. In the system event log there is this event id: 7031. In the event viewer
application log there are Dr. Watsons as well related to the print spool service.
After starting the service printing is possible again, but the problem is
persistant and anoying, in particular for the clients. Searching the MS knowledge
base and on the www didn't give me any results yet.

What could be the problem and any idea how we can solve this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raymond

2. Problem with installation

3. W2K Service Packs and Print Spooler

4. BiBTeX: Journal Abbreviations

5. Print Spooler Service error in Windows 2000 Server

6. Help reinstalling a SCSI CD-Rom drive

7. clustering file and print services (especially print spoolers)

8. Apple & Mac item listing

9. Print Spooler Crashes on W2K server

10. Downgrade from W2K Adv server to W2K server

11. W2K server <-> W2K adv.Server

12. Adv W2k Server to W2k Server Downgrade

13. Difference W2k server versus W2k ADV server