RIS setup and DHCP server

Post by Mike » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:00:38

Hi

I'm about to have a go at setting up RIS. I got it to work in the lab fine.
In this environment though my DHCP server, although on the same subnet is
not in the AD domain. It is in a workgroup. Does this matter?

Cheers

Mike

1. RIS and a stand-alone DHCP or RIS and a non-MS DHCP

Scenerio:
*DHCP Server is a stand-alone box, not in AD.
*RIS Server is authorized in Active directory with the
following services running:
BINL
TFTP
SIS
*RIS Server does also have DHCP Service running but scope
is not configured.

When I boot a PXE client, it stays a while looking for
the DHCP address and times out with this error: "PXE:E53
No boot file name received"

I checked into the DHCP server and the address is not
leased.

But, if I run DHCP and RIS on the same server, it works
just fine.

I even tried connecting these computers through hub to
minimize the possibility of any other network
configuration error.

Does anybody know what I may need to do?

Thanks.

2. Help - using HP DeskJet 560C in a DOS environment

3. RIS Problem: DHCP Can't Run on RIS Server?

4. Tracker Dialer

5. How to copy a RIS image from a RIS Server to other RIS Server

6. Robot Controller Cards

7. authorizing DHCP Servers / RIS Servers

8. Security with Surveys

9. MUST BE a MICOROSOFT DHCP Server - To implement RIS Server

10. Authorizing RIS server kills my DHCP server

11. DHCP Server and ILS server setup problems

12. Unable to contact DHCP server with RIS boot disk

13. RIS DHCP Fix- No Reply from a server