Random inactivity of an active window

Post by Michael Huyn » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 05:24:23

I'm hoping someone can help me on this, I have one desktop
running W2K SP2, w/ Office 2K Pro, Act 2000, mcAfee ASAP.
A very vanilla system for a sales rep.  Anyhow, everytime
he composes text in any text application whether it's an
email in outlook, word document, etc...  as he's typing in
the application, it seems to go inactive as if you were to
click onto another application, however it does stay on
the top layer if multiple applications are open, but it
also goes inactive when only one application is open,
which puzzles me.  What could be causing this issue?  I've
tried disabling as many services as I can, and yet I still
get the same results.  Please HELP!

Random inactivity of an active window

Post by Deryck Henso » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 20:07:11

1.  Give us the full list of services that are running while this happens

2.  Sometimes Spyware programs (Programs that send personal info to
companies without ur consent from a program u installed) will try to send
the info they are gathering from time to time (This also would show that
whoever made that app is a pretty bad programmer as it should not do
anything noticable)

3.  Make sure that nothing that is connected to the internet (Kazaa,
Morpheus, Internet Explorer, etc) while you are doing this.

Hope that will help.

--

- Deryck henson
- http://www.sourcecodecafe.com

> I'm hoping someone can help me on this, I have one desktop
> running W2K SP2, w/ Office 2K Pro, Act 2000, mcAfee ASAP.
> A very vanilla system for a sales rep.  Anyhow, everytime
> he composes text in any text application whether it's an
> email in outlook, word document, etc...  as he's typing in
> the application, it seems to go inactive as if you were to
> click onto another application, however it does stay on
> the top layer if multiple applications are open, but it
> also goes inactive when only one application is open,
> which puzzles me.  What could be causing this issue?  I've
> tried disabling as many services as I can, and yet I still
> get the same results.  Please HELP!

1. %random% variable in CMD.EXE is not actually random

Hello to all fellow command prompt hackers...

Does anyone have any experience that the %RANDOM% environment variable
in the W2K command interpreter is not actually random?

I have written a DOS script to copy some files between servers.  The
script runs on the destination servers, and there is only one source
server.

The script is scheduled to start on the destination servers at the
same time.  I used %random% to introduce a delay before the copy
starts, so as not to overload the source server.

However, the scripts all generate the same random number, and hence
wait the same amount of random time...

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

matthew_hallson at hotmail dot com

2. Return to Castle Wolfenstein

3. Random blue screens at random intervals (have tried replacing all hardware and clean format)

4. secondary server unknown on my network

5. Weird problem, all windows minimise and my computer window opens at random

6. Question

7. Active / Active Windows 2000 Cluster

8. mod_frontpage.c, Apache 1.3.3 and FP98 Discussion Groups...

9. Cannot Acces Active Directory from MMC Active Directory user in windows 2000 Pro

10. unusual cluster setup from Active/Passive & Active/Active

11. Windows hangs at random

12. Clustering - active/active vs. active/passive

13. At random restart windows 2000 server