Getting printer status even when no print job is printing

Getting printer status even when no print job is printing

Post by Haseeb Too » Sat, 08 Jun 2002 05:06:16

While the GetPrinter WIn32 API function can return printer
status, but it is not always accurate. For my current
application, in which I need to inform the user, as soon
as there is a printer error, Paper Jam or Out of Paper.
As per my understanding an application cannot connect
to/access the port/print monitor. So, Is there a way to
get the printer status via the Spooler even if no print
job is spooling/printing?

1. 722C Printer loses all print jobs after the first job prints!

I have two 2000 advance servers and a few workstations.  My 2000 Pro workstation
has the 722C connected to it.  It will print fine but if I send two or more
documents to it back to back it has problems.  The print jobs remain in the queue
until the first document prints, then all print jobs disappear.. like they were
printed..  I've tried all normal ways to resolve it.
Please reply with info. thanks

2. File download slows down after ~500kbytes

3. Print job that printed to nearly every printer on multiple print servers

4. SS5 Parallel port

5. One Print Job - Pauses between EACH page of the print job

6. Very bad performance with a parallel ZIP

7. Print Job Timeout Splitting print job.

8. Turning off startup beep sound

9. print queue retains printed docs with status printed

10. anyway to combine to create a single print job for multiple print jobs?

11. Print job converts to multiple print jobs

12. My Printer always print a page with codes on it before the actual print-job...

13. PRINT JOBS STAY IN PRINT QUEUE AFTER PRINTING