home directory changes in upgrade

Post by John Rodrigue » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:28:13

Anyone out there encountered a strange situation in an NT-to-2000 upgrade
(meaning I upgraded the PDC, not where I migrated users with ADMT) where
some (but not all) users will have their home directory drive mapping
changed so that instead of having values in the 'Connect: <drive> to <path>'
fields it clears the drive mapping and moves the path field to the <Local
Path> field instead?

It's easily corrected with an ADSI script but I'd like to have an idea as to
what might have caused it.

home directory changes in upgrade

Post by John Rodrigue » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 06:02:00

A bit of refinement on this one, because it's no longer what it once was.
Thankfully everything was happening in a test lab

When we saw the users that had the strange error we immediately checked on
the NT4 domain that the lab was built from and those same users showed
variables for home drives.  But running DumpACLs showed that they in fact
didn't have home drives set so the problem was indeed coming over from NT
and wasn't introduced in the upgrade path.

Strange issue certainly but not one that belongs in this forum so I won't
take up any more time on it.  :-)

Quote:> Anyone out there encountered a strange situation in an NT-to-2000 upgrade