HELP! TweakUI Restrictions Prevent Necessary Operations

HELP! TweakUI Restrictions Prevent Necessary Operations

Post by Scot » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:59:22

Damnit!  I made some changes to TweakUI that I thought I'd prefer and now I can't even access
TweakUI!  Can't access Display Properties or any control panel applet.

HELP!

--
Scott Morris
.com 'n coffee

HELP! TweakUI Restrictions Prevent Necessary Operations

Post by Bob Well » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 07:13:24

If this is Windows 95 or 98, go to a command prompt and
edit the control.ini file in the windows directory. You
will see a section named Don't Load. Edit out the TweakUI
line, save the file and then go back to the control panel.
You should be able to see TweakUI. I have never tried this
with 2000, so I don't know if this works there or not. We
use this to keep "sightseers" out of the control panel.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Damnit!  I made some changes to TweakUI that I thought

I'd prefer and now I can't even access
Quote:>TweakUI!  Can't access Display Properties or any control
panel applet.

>HELP!

>--
>Scott Morris
>..com 'n coffee

>.

HELP! TweakUI Restrictions Prevent Necessary Operations

Post by Scot » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 07:23:09

Thanks Bob.  I did the following before reading your post.

Opened GPEDIT.MSC.  Expanded User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel and
"Disabled" Disable Control Panel.  Double Negative!  That worked.  Not sure what I changed in
TweakUI but I suppose I could find out through Trial and Error.

Is this OK?  Don't want to open myself up to any problems.  This system is pretty secure.

--
Scott Morris
.com 'n coffee

If this is Windows 95 or 98, go to a command prompt and
edit the control.ini file in the windows directory. You
will see a section named Don't Load. Edit out the TweakUI
line, save the file and then go back to the control panel.
You should be able to see TweakUI. I have never tried this
with 2000, so I don't know if this works there or not. We
use this to keep "sightseers" out of the control panel.

1. "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this comp.."

I get the same error message whenever I try to run
Zonealarm or go to Internet Options under tools in IE:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator."

However, my account is SET TO administrator, and a new
account I set to administrator has the exact same problem.

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional.

Thanks,
Kean

2. Please Help! (Copying Utility)

3. Operation Canecelled due to Restrictions in Effect!

4. Drives connection to Spectrum

5. "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer"

6. Serial Cable Pin Outs - Tap or Sniff Cable

7. removing restrictions that prevent accessing the ADD/REMOVE Programs

8. Modem Error message

9. Windows Explorer - operation cancelled due to restrictions

10. Operation Cancelled due to Restrictions in effect!

11. Error : Operation has been canceled due to Restrictions

12. Help! Cannot copy necessary files.