boot failure

Post by Ed Bal » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello, All:

System won't boot.  I've tried the repair route; I've tried disabling
suspect cards and peripherals; all to no avail.

1)  This is ongoing and may or may not be related:
        Cold boot:  progresses to intro screen and progress bar advances
1/3rd.  System halts.  Shut off and restart within 3min and system boots
normally.  No explanation.

2)  Current problem:  prrogresses to intro screen and progress bar advances
2/3rds.  System halts.  No recovery or work around.  System will not boot to
safe mode.  System was working well and normally at last sucessful startup,
shut down was normal.

Thanks,

Ed

boot failure

Post by Stuar » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

It sounds like you will have to repair the installation, boot from CD (if
possible) and choose Repair (rather than clean install) when prompted.

Stuart

Quote:> Hello, All:

> System won't boot.  I've tried the repair route; I've tried disabling
> suspect cards and peripherals; all to no avail.

> 1)  This is ongoing and may or may not be related:
>         Cold boot:  progresses to intro screen and progress bar advances
> 1/3rd.  System halts.  Shut off and restart within 3min and system boots
> normally.  No explanation.

> 2)  Current problem:  prrogresses to intro screen and progress bar
advances
> 2/3rds.  System halts.  No recovery or work around.  System will not boot
> safe mode.  System was working well and normally at last sucessful
startup,
> shut down was normal.

> Thanks,

> Ed

boot failure

Post by Ed Bal » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Yeah, I've done that several times.  Going to reinstall, hope that works.
You'd think there would be a way to access/control the boot in order to
isolate and correct these problems.

Ed

> It sounds like you will have to repair the installation, boot from CD (if
> possible) and choose Repair (rather than clean install) when prompted.

> Stuart

> > Hello, All:

> > System won't boot.  I've tried the repair route; I've tried disabling
> > suspect cards and peripherals; all to no avail.

> > 1)  This is ongoing and may or may not be related:
> >         Cold boot:  progresses to intro screen and progress bar advances
> > 1/3rd.  System halts.  Shut off and restart within 3min and system boots
> > normally.  No explanation.

> > 2)  Current problem:  prrogresses to intro screen and progress bar
> advances
> > 2/3rds.  System halts.  No recovery or work around.  System will not
boot
> > safe mode.  System was working well and normally at last sucessful
> startup,
> > shut down was normal.

> > Thanks,

> > Ed

1. while booting getting error(Boot Failure)

while booting getting error....

Boot Failure
Insert Boot diskette in A:
Press any key when ready

   For getting start my operating system I had used
bootable disk. even I had tried with Recovery Cosole and
copy the files from bootable disk to c:\ but still
couldn't able boot.
   Please help me to solve this problem.

Dipti

2. Noisy Fan of Quadra 950

3. not able to boot my computer getting error message "Boot Failure"

4. Autocad 13win questions

5. W2K boot failure - Help please!

6. Directory of Software Development Professionals

7. win2000 serv reinstall gives boot failure (dmboot)

8. "Preview" tab does not display theme style

9. Boot failure

10. Win2k boot failure

11. Windows booting failure

12. NTFS boot failure with RAID