Event id 62 w32time

Post by Avrom Liti » Sun, 12 May 2002 10:20:31

I receive stop errors with this message:

This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest. Configure to
sync from External time source using the net command,  'net time /setsntp:
<server name>'.

What do I need to do to stop this from happening?

Event id 62 w32time

Post by Vera Noes » Mon, 13 May 2002 05:40:16

Quote:> I receive stop errors with this message:

> This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest. Configure
> sync from External time source using the net command,  'net time /setsntp:
> <server name>'.

> What do I need to do to stop this from happening?

Well, basically you need to do what the stop error tells you to do.
From http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=62&source :
The Time service is not configured to use a reliable source for
synchronization. Try "net time /setsntp:ntp2.usno.navy.mil" followed by
"w32tm /s" (Internet connectivity should be available between the server and
the ntp2.usno.navy.mil NTP - Network Time Protocol server)
See also
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q216734

Vera Noest
MCSE, CCA