Unable to unregister oledb32.dll

Post by Barn » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to unregister oledb32.dll and reregister it.

It seems someone installed something which installed an older version of
oledb32.dll. I have found a copy of a later one on my machine and want to
try and register it.

when I try to unregister the dll using

regsvr32 /u oledb32.dll

I get the following message

DllUnregisterServer in oledb32.dll failed.
Return code was 0x80004005

It may be because the dll is currently active - to tell you the truth I have
no idea.
Could someone please let me know how to unregister this dll - it's been the
source of much frustration.

Many thanks,

Bernard
Please could you post suggestions to the newsgroup

Unable to unregister oledb32.dll

Post by Stan Gun » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

You might try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q228/9/30.asp

--
Stan Gunn
W2k Tips and Tricks

Quote:> Hi,

> I am trying to unregister oledb32.dll and reregister it.

> It seems someone installed something which installed an older version of
> oledb32.dll. I have found a copy of a later one on my machine and want to
> try and register it.

> when I try to unregister the dll using

> regsvr32 /u oledb32.dll

> I get the following message

> DllUnregisterServer in oledb32.dll failed.
> Return code was 0x80004005

> It may be because the dll is currently active - to tell you the truth I have
> no idea.
> Could someone please let me know how to unregister this dll - it's been the
> source of much frustration.

> Many thanks,

> Bernard
> Please could you post suggestions to the newsgroup

1. OLEDB32.dll

After setting up dual boot of windows me and windows 2000 profesional i installed
service pak1 for w2k. This modified oledb32.dll and when i rebooted into windows
me i got error message saying it couldnt find oledb32a.dll is there a fix? I
fixed it for now by replaceing the oledb32.dll that was installed with service
pak1 with a copy of oledb32.dll off of another machine running windows me. I
still have a copy of the serviec pak 1 oled32.dll and if ther is a work around i
can reinstall.

2. Desktop sharing colours don't match

3. dlls become unregistered

4. PPTP Post Question

5. DLL mysteriously unregisters after reboot

6. Giganews on Comcast

7. Register and Unregister Dlls permissions

8. Running Level 4 with Access

9. Registering and Unregistering a DLL

10. unregister dll

11. DllRegisterServer(UnRegister Vb6chs.dll)

12. unregister DLL files

13. ActiveX DLL Registration problem... Cannot unregister - Cross Posted