Service Pack - Installing components after service pack has already been installed

Service Pack - Installing components after service pack has already been installed

Post by Greg Saunder » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:57:05

Hey folks,

I have Win 2000, SP2, Critical updates.

Let's say I need to add a component like Terminal Services, or WINS, or
DNS, or whatever.

Obviously the install is going to ask for the Windows 2000 original CD.
Is the installation smart enough to know NOT to overwrite any newer files
that may exists via SP2 or hotfixes???

Does one have to go through the SP2 update and Critical updates after
installing a new component???

Thanks in advance!

Service Pack - Installing components after service pack has already been installed

Post by Keith V. Klenk » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 23:10:21

Slipstream the i386 source you copied to the hardrive, and let it pull the
files from there.
http://home.netcom.com/~kkbass/w2kpro.htm
Follow steps 26/27 that should do it for you. It doesnt matter where you
like to put the i386, as long as you put it somewhere local.

Quote:> Hey folks,

> I have Win 2000, SP2, Critical updates.

> Let's say I need to add a component like Terminal Services, or WINS, or
> DNS, or whatever.

> Obviously the install is going to ask for the Windows 2000 original CD.
> Is the installation smart enough to know NOT to overwrite any newer files
> that may exists via SP2 or hotfixes???

> Does one have to go through the SP2 update and Critical updates after
> installing a new component???

> Thanks in advance!

Service Pack - Installing components after service pack has already been installed

Post by Vincent Rampell » Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:52:03

I installed some Windows 2000 components on my Windows 2000
Professional system after I had installed SP2. It asked for the original
CD, then halfway through installing the components it asked for the
Service Pack 2 CD. I don't know about the Critical updates.
Hope this helps.

> Slipstream the i386 source you copied to the hardrive, and let it pull the
> files from there.
> http://home.netcom.com/~kkbass/w2kpro.htm
> Follow steps 26/27 that should do it for you. It doesnt matter where you
> like to put the i386, as long as you put it somewhere local.

> > Hey folks,

> > I have Win 2000, SP2, Critical updates.

> > Let's say I need to add a component like Terminal Services, or WINS, or
> > DNS, or whatever.

> > Obviously the install is going to ask for the Windows 2000 original CD.
> > Is the installation smart enough to know NOT to overwrite any newer
files
> > that may exists via SP2 or hotfixes???

> > Does one have to go through the SP2 update and Critical updates after
> > installing a new component???

> > Thanks in advance!

1. Problems after installing latest Service Pack and Encryption Pack

I have an Epson 1200 ink jet printer installed via the parallel port.  It
was working properly with both the Microsoft supplied driver and the latest
Epson supplied drivers.  Yesterday I installed the Critical Service Pack and
the High Encryption Pack, and now I am unable to print - the printer is
reporting an out of paper condition.  Any insight will be deeply
appreciated.

2. Performance of STL Map

3. Installing Service Pack 1 Integrated Install for Win2k

4. Declaring byte

5. Applying Service Pack 1 after adding new service/component.

6. Legal styles for LaTeX?

7. windows 2000 service pack packs office visual studio order

8. as5248 isdn question

9. Service Pack for w2k MUI packs

10. Installing Adminpak.msi (no service pack) on Win2K with SP2

11. Service Pack install will not Finish

12. Cannot install service packs

13. install service pack 2 windows 2000