Logging log-on and log-offs

Post by Russ » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 08:16:03

Is there a easy way to monitor what time users log on and off?  What I want
is to be able to log to a file or database to track the times over a
extended time.

Anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

Logging log-on and log-offs

Post by Jason Donat » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 15:22:45

You can enable Auditing on your Domain Controllers and it will log that
information for you. (In the event log)

Quote:> Is there a easy way to monitor what time users log on and off?  What I
want
> is to be able to log to a file or database to track the times over a
> extended time.

> Anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

1. Log Off... and Log Off Default in Windows Log On

I have two users in my Windows Log On. One is Log Off... without a name and
the other is Log Off Default.

When my computer boots it defaults to Log Off... so I am unable to use the
Save Password function. I have to Log Off the first and then the Log Off
Default appears and my Save Password functions return.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Client for MS Network and
deleting Default.pwl.

Is there a way to delete that first Log Off... so Log Off Default will be
the only choice?

Thanks

Joe

2. ISDN Terminal Adaptor - Help

3. Once log off, can not log off, shut down, or restart

4. HELP-Looking for IRIS parts

5. Logging, logging and more logging

6. C-compiler

7. Security Log: logoff events ( 538 ) not logged in security log

8. Custom SDK - can't deploy or debug

9. Log on and log off

10. User logged off when logging in

11. Win2k logs me off right after logging in

12. Log for Users logging on and off the server

13. Second User to Log on Windows 2000 cannot Log off, Restart, or Shutdown