Secondary Logon Service

Post by Tom Verleyse » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

How do I use this?

Tom

Secondary Logon Service

Post by Ben Smith [MVP » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Go to the Run prompt type "cmd"

At the command promt, type "runas /?"

Or create a desktop shortcut for a program, right click > properties >
shortcut > Run as different User

Double clink on shortcut.

(Some shortcuts will allow you to just right click and select "Runas")

--
Ben Smith  MCT, MCSE+I, MVP

Quote:> How do I use this?

> Tom

Secondary Logon Service

Post by Paul Adar » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

says...

Quote:> Go to the Run prompt type "cmd"

> At the command promt, type "runas /?"

> Or create a desktop shortcut for a program, right click > properties >
> shortcut > Run as different User

> Double clink on shortcut.

> (Some shortcuts will allow you to just right click and select "Runas")

As an addendum, the service has been renamed in RTM to the RunAs
Service. If you're seeing it listed as Secondary Logon in the Services
list, then you've upgraded from a beta or RC.

--
Paul Adare
MCT News Group Manager

Secondary Logon Service

Post by Ben Smith [MVP » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Thanks, Paul.  I did not realize that.

--
Ben Smith  MCT, MCSE+I, MVP

> says...
> > Go to the Run prompt type "cmd"

> > At the command promt, type "runas /?"

> > Or create a desktop shortcut for a program, right click > properties >
> > shortcut > Run as different User

> > Double clink on shortcut.

> > (Some shortcuts will allow you to just right click and select "Runas")

> As an addendum, the service has been renamed in RTM to the RunAs
> Service. If you're seeing it listed as Secondary Logon in the Services
> list, then you've upgraded from a beta or RC.

> --
> Paul Adare
> MCT News Group Manager
> Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
> Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Secondary Logon Service

Post by Ken Alverso » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> (Some shortcuts will allow you to just right click and select "Runas")

Shift-right click on any executable or shortcut to executable will reveal
the "Run as" menu option.

Ken

1. Help for Logon Error - attempting secondary logon

To: Any MCSE or W2K expert:

I get this error after logging off as the administrator and trying to logon
under a newly created Normal User Account:
(Window Title)"User Environment"  (Message follows) "Windows cannot log you
on because the profile cannot be loaded. Contact your network administrator.
DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified."

I got this error simply by trying to follow the MS "Step-by-Step Guide to
Using Secondary Logon in Windows" which can be found at this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/library/planning/management/mmcs...
p?bPrint=True

Here's where I hang up.  I've just added a new user using "Local Users and
Groups" - & given him his password, creating the account according to W2K
online Help.  The only user accounts I had listed, & which worked fine, &
which still do, were an administrator and a power user account.

The "Profile" tab under "Properties" for this new user does not list any
path, but no path is listed for the properties of the "administrator" or the
"power user" either.  I entered a path for the new user under the "Documents
and Settings" folder but that did not solve the problem.  I still get the
same error. The MS Knowledge Base revealed no help.  Thanks for your help.

Bruce Simkins

2. MSCONFIG

3. Secondary DNS on secondary AD controller

4. Geometric attach , multiple Arrows?

5. secondary name server and secondary zone

6. Help! MATLAB 5 (student edition) behaving badly

7. Secondary Logon

8. Win2000 and secondary logons

9. Secondary Logon

10. "Run As" or secondary logon