Win2k upgrade install

Post by Doug » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 04:44:22

I'm looking to upgrade a 10 user eval copy to a full blown 25 user version
of win2k and have a couple of questions.

1. Will the new 25 user install over the top of the current install while
maintaining my set-up with users, groups, permissions, etc.?

2. If I buy a competitive upgrade, what will it look for in order to
install. A competitive installation or just the cd as proof of ownership. A
copy of lantastic for $250 plus $700 for a comp upgrade beats $1500 for a
full blown copy.

Any help is appreciated.

Doug

Win2k upgrade install

Post by Bjorn Landemo » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 05:38:15

Doug

You will need to perform an upgrade installation, using a full version of
Win2000. See this MS Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q250/9/20.asp

Your set up will be preserved.

Best regards

Bjorn