Why browsing My Network Places takes 30 seconds?

Why browsing My Network Places takes 30 seconds?

Post by Vance Gree » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

I'll bet Computer B runs W98 or 95, doesn't it?

We've all experienced this-can't seem to find a fix.

Quote:> Peer-to-peer connection (2 computers). It works fine. No real problem.

> Browsing My network Places from Computer B to Computer A is instantaneous.

> But each browsing from Computer A to Computer B takes 30 seconds !

> Why ?

> Computer A have two NIC (it's the one connected to DSL)

> Thanks for your insight.

Why browsing My Network Places takes 30 seconds?

Post by Gregory Phillip » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

What protocols are bound to the network cards?

TCP/IP (with file sharing helper protocol) seems to have that problem.
NetBEUI either by itself or with TCP/IP seems to work much faster.
---

1. File share failover takes 30 seconds?

I've just installed a Compaq CL380 machine, both nodes running Win2KAS
SP1 configured for failover. With the Cluster Administrator I've
configured a fileshare with all default settings.

When I run a test starting a copy of a large number of files, say the c:
\winnt directory to the cluster, and I stop the cluster service on the
active node, failover takes at least 30 seconds. Is this behaviour
normal? I would really like to decrease this time so that end user
wouldn't get any error messages. I know that you can manually specify a
different time setting but in my case that didn't seem to work.

I would really like to know if anybody else is having better luck with
this.

regards,

Wanne.

2. Can someone fix this code? PART II

3. Saving Office files takes 30 seconds

4. authentication across trusts between pki and non PKI enabled forests

5. now it takes an extra 30 seconds (I timed it) to boot up

6. Optical isolaters ?

7. 30 second pause browsing directories

8. Embedded Windows Media Player

9. win2k pro takes 20-30 min to logon to network

10. Active Directory - Crashes and Takes About 30 Minutes to "Prepare Network Connections"

11. Dial Up Networking (DUN) dialog box keeps popping open every 30 seconds

12. 30 second lockup in explorer when other computer on network off

13. Windows 98 client login takes about 30 sec