9 Session limit on Windows 2000 Print Server

9 Session limit on Windows 2000 Print Server

Post by Frank Kraf » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

We have a HP5Si printer attached to a Windows 2000 workstation that is
shared. Only 9 sessions are allowed for some reason.

I have checked security, set the connections on the share to maximum allowed
(also tried changing it to 100). The 10th and subsequent user gets turned
away.

Any ideas?

9 Session limit on Windows 2000 Print Server

Post by Nick Gag » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Windows 2000 Pro has a 10 connection limit  There is no work around.

Nick

9 Session limit on Windows 2000 Print Server

Post by Rich Staple » Tue, 02 May 2000 04:00:00

Does this mean 10 users printing at the same time or 10 users logged onto
the network with this printer installed on they're machines as they're
default printer?

--
Rich Staples
Assist. Systems Administrator

Quote:> Windows 2000 Pro has a 10 connection limit  There is no work around.

> Nick

1. Windows 2000 Print Server Limit

Hello,
I have search everywhere and can not find an answer to
what Microsoft's recommend limit of printers per print
server is.  We are looking to set up a 2000 print server,
we would not be using Active Directory at this time.
I have check MS website in and out, the resource kit and
I have search through this newsgroup and did a search on
the internet.
Thank You

2. Picture of 4000T

3. How do you add Windows xp print drivers to a windows 2000 print server?

4. OS/2 client crahes Netware 3.11 with Oracle 6.0 !!!

5. FORMAT FOR EASY TYPESETTING OF DOCUMENTS ?

6. Windows 2000 clients and Windows NT 4 server - limit user's desktop

7. Stdio V2 - Part 1 of 6

8. Q328020 Redirected Printing Through a Terminal Services Session May Not Work with Windows 2000 SP3

9. Printing PDF files in a Windows 2000 Terminal Services Session

10. Printing PDF files in a Windows 2000 Terminal Services session

11. 2000 Pro 10 session limit issues

12. How do i limit printing on my print server?